Greeneville @ DB

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Greeneville for sure has the studs to go deep.Turnovers as Waco says could be huge.It beat DB last year and can beat any team.The two biggest OL are back and I 100% look for them to run over most teams.When the line is stacked,the DB QB has an arm.Should be interesting .I'd say Greeneville will see a lot of stunts and blitzes from the Tribe to try and help the DB defensive backfield

Coach Watson was a master of the stunts and blitzes. He was very good at "guessing" the right times to blitz. When he was here the defensive backfield was just as bad as it is today. Just nobody knew because he covered it up. We don't have coach Watson anymore. The easy thing to do would be to hire a coach that knows how to school defensive backs. You would think that after 12 plus years of getting torched by the forward pass someone could figure that out. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Coach Watson was a master of the stunts and blitzes. He was very good at "guessing" the right times to blitz. When he was here the defensive backfield was just as bad as it is today. Just nobody knew because he covered it up. We don't have coach Watson anymore. The easy thing to do would be to hire a coach that knows how to school defensive backs. You would think that after 12 plus years of getting torched by the forward pass someone could figure that out. 

Never forget coach  telling me after a game that he called a blitz at the wrong time.I said to him , coach nobody can tell the future and your bound to get one wrong sometime.Coach Watson was my favorite .I know my first Indian and all the players loved him as a coach and a person.Same can be said for myself.Somebody told me later on that he would talk to them about how I was there every day and  the father I tried to be and how  he respected that.All I know is he was fair to my son and every player I watched him coach.Also I liked talking about different places to go eat with him.Just a great man and the kind of coach every father or mother would be proud to have working with their son.

Edited by BatmanDevil

10 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

You know I was just giving you crap!  Boone should be able to take care of business this year with what they have returning.    

We are hoping for 50/50 this year.    Lost WAY too much from last year's 8-3 squad.     One parallel I saw earlier in this thread, Boone's DB's traditionally get roasted on deep ball much like DB's DB's.....    I don't know if it is coaching or just lack of execution, but it is the one constant year in and year out.

54 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We are hoping for 50/50 this year.    Lost WAY too much from last year's 8-3 squad.     One parallel I saw earlier in this thread, Boone's DB's traditionally get roasted on deep ball much like DB's DB's.....    I don't know if it is coaching or just lack of execution, but it is the one constant year in and year out.

You know it's coaching. That's a no brainer. For some reason no team north east of Greeneville can play pass defense. Its year in and year out. I don't think there's a team up here that gets beat by the pass more than DB though.

24 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You know it's coaching. That's a no brainer. For some reason no team north east of Greeneville can play pass defense. Its year in and year out. I don't think there's a team up here that gets beat by the pass more than DB though.

You know, now that you mention it that is a good observation about NET teams.