Greeneville @ DB

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey guys, just a quick time-out so we are all on the same page here....

Tribe wins this one 24-23.

Greeneville goes on to post a 14-1 record and takes the 4A title in Cookeville.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program....

Got to stir the stew or all the BS will settle to the bottom. lol You and that Devil Dog are doing a good job.

Waco,Alot of these Greeneville fans keep putting DB in the same boat with WGreene,SEast and other teams like that.And im not putting down those programs and teams. The mistakes gave the game to Greeneville last yr,But that's part of the game.But last yrs 4a state champs didn't run over dem Indians.And Greeneville has a lot of great players coming back and there strong.But nobody in there right mind should think this group of Indians are just going to lay down for Greeneville.

48 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Never get excited or draw conclusions from a scrimmage. A coach that "tries to win a scrimmage" is a fool. Scrimmages (especially the first scrimmage) of the year is to try different things and players in different positions against another team. I'm sure Betsy and DB was doing that. Scrimmages are for learning, not winning. However I have noticed that the better teams usually do come out of a scrimmage having scored the most. Elizabethton does have a good team this year so it was a good test for DB. From that scrimmage we did learn that the DB secondary is still terrible for the 13th year in a row. Elizabethton's two scores came on two long passes. One of DB's great running backs is on the fence. The starting quarterback, Redwine is out most likely out for the first three games. His replacement is about 5'3" and weighs 130lbs. But other than that everything looks great.

Don't know who the backup QB is but I'm sure he has to be the best for DB going forward .I always put those things on the coaching staff.It's their job to prepare the next man up while they build depth and strength.If DB has players going both ways { must be studs }or any part of their game plan isn't up to par,then it's the coaches job to fix it.There are some fine coaches and men on DB's staff and time will tell if the problems of the past have been corrected.As to the size of that QB,Greeneville had a backup QB last year that came into the game at Central and he made up for his size with a great arm .

49 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Don't know who the backup QB is but I'm sure he has to be the best for DB going forward .I always put those things on the coaching staff.It's their job to prepare the next man up while they build depth and strength.If DB has players going both ways { must be studs }or any part of their game plan isn't up to par,then it's the coaches job to fix it.There are some fine coaches and men on DB's staff and time will tell if the problems of the past have been corrected.As to the size of that QB,Greeneville had a backup QB last year that came into the game at Central and he made up for his size with a great arm .

Well I guess he did alright in the scrimmage running the offense. He's small for a high school QB and if he makes it through those first three games without getting injured I'll be surprised.