Greeneville @ DB

57 minutes ago, TheOnlyBallCoachHere said:

Due to the lack of local sports media I had to turn to CoachT messaged boards for some insight on this game. 

And WaCoJaCo, if the pass defense is so bad in your opinion, can you explain the difference in man coverage and zone coverage to me? or maybe how that ties into the front and box players?

Can you explain leverage and how it pertains to field position, down/distance, and formation?

Do you or anyone on this board know what 10, 11, 12, 20, 21, 22, 23 personnel is?

How about fronts? Do you know what an over/under/okie, heads, or G front is? 

Can you explain the technique used by the boundary corner in man coverage?

Do you know what the field/boundary is as it pertains to defense alignment?

How about match coverage? 

Don't talk about stuff that coaches talk about and pretend to know. Coaches don't even think about the crap yall say on here. They think like coaches not fans. Have you ever watched a game from field level? Try to stand on a sideline with thousands of screaming fans behind you, players on the sidelines yelling, personnel movement/changes happening all around you, and all the while you're not even able to see the changes because you have 25 seconds to call a play which requires you to look down at the playcall sheet, decide the personnel/formation/play type/play call, and in reality you can't see very well form a horizon setting like a sideline. You need to be in the box where its easier to see all this happening. In reality from one play ending to the next play you have about 7-9 seconds to gather as much info as you can pertaining to the situation and get a play called and sent in so you have enough time to sub guys in, huddle up/signal the play, and get lined up and called before a delay of game flag comes flying in. 

It's easy to sit in the stands and criticize each call but you don't even know what they are calling you just see the end result of the play and talk crap like you even know wtf coverage is. Go back to selling cars little man and let the big boys actually decide whats going on. No coach in the history of football has ever spent hours drawing up a play so it WON'T work, they spend hours and hours studying film, drawing up plays against each look to decide what will work. Each play design has a chance to cover each route, front, blitz, etc or else you wouldn't call it as a coach. It boils down to the player doing his job.

As Urban Meyer once told me in a dim lit room after hours of watching tape, "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's"  

To start with I've never sold cars so you obviously don't know who you talking about right off the bat. I also doubt you've ever been in a dim lit room with Urban Meyer and if you have I'd have to question what was really going on. I'm no coach but I do know enough to know when I see receivers running wide open all over the field play after play, year after year at a school thats loaded with athletes year after year it can't be the "jimmys and joes".  I take it that you are a x-coach otherwise you wouldn't of spent an hour and a half on a Friday afternoon thinking up a stupid post like that. Hard to believe you would blame it on the players. 80% of DB fans agree with me. Come up off the sideline sometime and hear the comments from fans. We have a good view of the field. Do you know what a wide open receiver looks like?

Edited by WaCoJaCo

2 minutes ago, lawnman said:

I wouldn’t disagree with that statement but I have no dog in this fight.

Not a fight just the facts. The first thing your taught in pee wee if your playing in the D back field is never let the opposing player get behind you. I swear sometimes I think our guys have never been given this information it is truly frustrating to watch.

10 minutes ago, ShellbackIndian said:

Not a fight just the facts. The first thing your taught in pee wee if your playing in the D back field is never let the opposing player get behind you. I swear sometimes I think our guys have never been given this information it is truly frustrating to watch.

I’ve heard a lot of DB fans say that over the past 5 years.

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

To start with I've never sold cars so you obviously don't know who you talking about right off the bat. I also doubt you've ever been in a dim lit room with Urban Meyer and if you have I'd have to question what was really going on. I'm no coach but I do know enough to know when I see receivers running wide open all over the field play after play, year after year at a school thats loaded with athletes year after year it can't be the "jimmys and joes".  I take it that you are a x-coach otherwise you wouldn't of spent an hour and a half on a Friday afternoon thinking up a stupid post like that. Hard to believe you would blame it on the players. 80% of DB fans agree with me. Come up off the sideline sometime and here the comments from fans. We have a good view of the field. Do you know what a wide open receiver looks like?

Lol I coach on Saturdays brother. Off on Fridays. I get paid to coach the 1 or 2 best players you see all year not teach high schoolers 7a-3p. 

12 minutes ago, ShellbackIndian said:

And when you tell a kid to do that and he doesn't do it, it's bad coaching? So you should just pull him from the game and put a less talented kid in there? Or try to coach a kid who is probably un-coachable over n over until he gets it right. 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyBallCoachHere said:

And when you tell a kid to do that and he doesn't do it, it's bad coaching? So you should just pull him from the game and put a less talented kid in there? Or try to coach a kid who is probably un-coachable over n over until he gets it right. 

lol....You should quit while you're behind.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyBallCoachHere said:

It is bad coaching if it happens year after year, sorry to be the bearer of that earth shattering info!