Greeneville @ DB

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

According to the guys on the radio, DB had 100 yards of bad spots last night.   For the record, I was NOT there so nobody is blaming the zebra's, just reporting what was said on am640

Wouldn't have mattered if DB had 200 yards of good spots in their favor, they still wouldn't have capitalized. 

Edited by TheBrokenBaller

26 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

According to the guys on the radio, DB had 100 yards of bad spots last night.   For the record, I was NOT there so nobody is blaming the zebra's, just reporting what was said on am640

Yeah, someone else told me the same thing. It was coming from the DB homers. Part of the "good ole boys" that call the games. I think you'll be hearing a lot of that type thing this year. 

47 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

They are pitiful.What Greeneville lost on the two big plays and the questionable pass interference calls kept DB close .Because of a possible bad spot or two,you would think the world had come to an end.After they talked to coach Christian at half,it was .DB has a plan, they will do this and that.I thought,my gosh man. DB couldn't wipe their backside tonight if their lives depended on it.Also,It absolutely sucks that they don't show highlights of the visitors plays.Just a big azz commercial billboard.Even if I wasn't a Greeneville fan,those pass plays and that beautiful run out of a pile of players,was something special.

Edited by BatmanDevil

23 hours ago, lawnman said:

It’s kind of amazing just to give a school the size of SH or DB a good game given the the difference of the sizes of the two schools.

Congratulations Lawnman ! I was trying to get one of mine in his dorm and just read what happened.I thought you guys might have lost that one last night.Great win.I looked for a thread and didn't see it,so I hope you read this.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Is not am640 a Kingsport radio station that is for Sullivan County?  Simply put, Greeneville was just clearly that much better and that's why DB did not look good.  DB didn't play good because Greeneville just physically dominated and shut everything down that they tried!  And now after seeing the game live no matter what adjustments DB could've or should've made it wouldn't have made a difference!  Greeneville is for Real!!

This may be the best Greeneville team that's ever came out Greeneville High, Greene County, or East Tennessee that I have had the opportunity to see play.  I know its high school football and anything can happen on any given Friday night, but this team is going to make plenty of more noise in the State of TN!   THEIR NOT FINISHED!  

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Is not am640 a Kingsport radio station that is for Sullivan County?  Simply put, Greeneville was just clearly that much better and that's why DB did not look good.  DB didn't play good because Greeneville just physically dominated and shut everything down that they tried!  And now after seeing the game live no matter what adjustments DB could've or should've made it wouldn't have made a difference!  Greeneville is for Real!!

This may be the best Greeneville team that's ever came out Greeneville High, Greene County, or East Tennessee that I have had the opportunity to see play.  I know its high school football and anything can happen on any given Friday night, but this team is going to make plenty of more noise in the State of TN!   THEIR NOT FINISHED!  

As to the station I heard.I just knew it was a DB bunch I was listening to.Could have been another station but they were terrible.I did hear what I think was their high school kids on the radio as well.Atleast they were honest and said what they really thought.....I hope this Greeneville team is able to stay healthy and matchup with everyone when it really counts.the playoffs.

According to coach Christian:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/18/Ballard-accounts-for-six-TDs-as-Greeneville-routs-D-B.html#comments

"We were able to move the ball against them, but we weren’t able to sustain our drives, whether it was a penalty, a missed block or a busted assignment. But the way we were able to move the ball was promising and I don’t think our kids quit and that’s all we can ask for.”

It really was not as bad as the final score may indicate, because the game basically came down to:

- penalties
  - missed blocks
  - busted assignments

These are all correctible.     It will not be easy, but I could see DB rolling down to OR next week and having a wildcat sandwich..   But we'll save the X's and O's of that one for the next thread

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

According to coach Christian:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/18/Ballard-accounts-for-six-TDs-as-Greeneville-routs-D-B.html#comments

"We were able to move the ball against them, but we weren’t able to sustain our drives, whether it was a penalty, a missed block or a busted assignment. But the way we were able to move the ball was promising and I don’t think our kids quit and that’s all we can ask for.”

It really was not as bad as the final score may indicate, because the game basically came down to:

- penalties
  - missed blocks
  - busted assignments

These are all correctible.     It will not be easy, but I could see DB rolling down to OR next week and having a wildcat sandwich..   But we'll save the X's and O's of that one for the next thread

I hate to say it but from where I sat it was that bad. I sit beside a former DB coach an old timer he stated to me that since he first sat in that seat(1967) that was the worst beating he ever saw in J Fred. It pains me To type that.

Edited by ShellbackIndian

Don’t have a dog in this fight but I think it says a lot about Greenville when they are still throwing the ball with the starters still in with 2 min to go. It’s almost like the head coach/off coordinator has a kid on the team and he’s trying to build up his stats!! I’m really gonna enjoy watching teams return the favor to them next year. Daddy ball at the high school level.

2 minutes ago, Victorioussecrets said:

Don’t have a dog in this fight but I think it says a lot about Greenville when they are still throwing the ball with the starters still in with 2 min to go. It’s almost like the head coach/off coordinator has a kid on the team and he’s trying to build up his stats!! I’m really gonna enjoy watching teams return the favor to them next year. Daddy ball at the high school level.

Dude your salty. 2nd team was in during the 4th come on man