Greeneville @ DB

5 minutes ago, Victorioussecrets said:

So they don’t have a 2nd string QB!?!? Salty and honest. You can’t tell me he isn’t just trying to build up stats!

The 2nd string was in during the 4rth after mercy rule went to effect! And that includes the back up Qb. Gees man come on.  Plus Db had the ball with 2min to. Greeneville is the best team in NET get over it 

Edited by DevilMan03

3 minutes ago, ShellbackIndian said:

Why not just say that in the first place then! Our football team laid an egg last night don’t disparage 400 kids for being good at what they do. By the way not only the biggest but the best High School band in Tennessee.

I'm sure you all are very proud of your band but this old boy goes to we we at halftime and talk to the other football minded men while the band is something to keep the wives preoccupied while being gone. Kind of like a necessary evil if you know what I mean. I grew up in the day's when your dad would say son you going to suit up and hit somebody hard on Friday night or do like the sissy across the street that blows and walks around with a hat attached with a feather on his head to get into the ballgame free.

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sure you all are very proud of your band but this old boy goes to we we at halftime and talk to the other football minded men while the band is something to keep the wives preoccupied while being gone. Kind of like a necessary evil if you know what I mean. I grew up in the day's when your dad would say son you going to suit up and hit somebody hard on Friday night or do like the sissy across the street that blows and walks around with a hat attached with a feather on his head to get into the ballgame free.

Stupidest thing I have ever read on here!

I’m a football guy too I just don’t see any reason to down a kid because they don’t play the game.

32 minutes ago, ShellbackIndian said:

Stupidest thing I have ever read on here!

I’m a football guy too I just don’t see any reason to down a kid because they don’t play the game.

It's your culture in Kingsport that has changed. I have nothing against your band, I'm just giving you a hard time. What I do have against Kingsport is the Fuddy Duddies that brought in some of the best coaches that could of turned that wreck of a football team around and but chose to stay in house. They didn't have any intentions to hire someone outside the program and  put a big horse and pony show on and fed people full of crap. When a school starts mentioning names like a final three or four it sends a bad message to the schools those coaches were presently at. I'm sure all of those coaches laughed their butts off last night when they heard the final score of the Greeneville game.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

According to coach Christian:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/18/Ballard-accounts-for-six-TDs-as-Greeneville-routs-D-B.html#comments

"We were able to move the ball against them, but we weren’t able to sustain our drives, whether it was a penalty, a missed block or a busted assignment. But the way we were able to move the ball was promising and I don’t think our kids quit and that’s all we can ask for.”

It really was not as bad as the final score may indicate, because the game basically came down to:

- penalties
  - missed blocks
  - busted assignments

These are all correctible.     It will not be easy, but I could see DB rolling down to OR next week and having a wildcat sandwich..   But we'll save the X's and O's of that one for the next thread

LOL! You read that totally different than I did. The thing that sticks out most to me is he never uttered a word about the huge coaching blunder committed by the entire coaching staff. Penalties, missed blocks and busted assignments are all coaching problems. I took it that he was blaming the players. Maybe I read it wrong. I think they lost this game 5 years ago. They don't have much of a weight training program and they don't have a clue how to develop a player to the level of what Maryville and Greenville has. The truth is if Greenville had wanted to that score last night could of been 70 -0. Christian actually said, "I don't think our kids quit and that's all we can ask for" Now don't that get you fired up. DB will not be having a wildcat sandwich next week. I'd look for a similar score to what we seen Friday night.  

32 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It's your culture in Kingsport that has changed. I have nothing against your band, I'm just giving you a hard time. What I do have against Kingsport is the Fuddy Duddies that brought in some of the best coaches that could of turned that wreck of a football team around and but chose to stay in house. They didn't have any intentions to hire someone outside the program and  put a big horse and pony show on and fed people full of crap. When a school starts mentioning names like a final three or four it sends a bad message to the schools those coaches were presently at. I'm sure all of those coaches laughed their butts off last night when they heard the final score of the Greeneville game.

You sir are 100% correct.  But your hurting everybody's feelings. Their pretty fragile up here.