Top Teams in AAA

CU06

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, strongx said:

I would guess fairgut will expect to win some post season games.

They will certainly be in the conversation, but that is a brutal district. There are 8 quality teams in district 4, all fighting for 2 region spots. Farragut split with Catholic, HVA, and WB already this year, plus Karns beat them back in March. No guarantee that they'll even make it to the region tournament, although I wouldn't bet against them.

14 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

They will certainly be in the conversation, but that is a brutal district. There are 8 quality teams in district 4, all fighting for 2 region spots. Farragut split with Catholic, HVA, and WB already this year, plus Karns beat them back in March. No guarantee that they'll even make it to the region tournament, although I wouldn't bet against them.

OSU, who else in district 3 besides Karns could make some noise?  Does Powell have enough to make a deep run like they did a couple years ago?

2 hours ago, CU06 said:

OSU, who else in district 3 besides Karns could make some noise?  Does Powell have enough to make a deep run like they did a couple years ago?

As long as they don't get tripped up in the district tourney, I think Powell could make a similar run. They've definitely got the pitching depth and defense to make a run. They played a couple of close games against Karns early in the season, so it'll be interesting to see the result if they meet in post-season play.

If they beat Halls tonight, Powell clinches the #2 seed in the district tourney. Overall, I think it could be pretty wide open once we get to district/region tourney play.

17 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Science Hill has a really good team this year. I expect them to make some noise in the postseason.

Who has Science Hill beat that was good?  After looking at their schedule they have defeated the Upper East Tennessee teams but when they don't seem to do well outside their geographical area.  I understand that it would require some travel miles but until Science Hill begins to travel and play the best teams in Knoxville and Middle Tennessee they will never win a state championship.  

On 4/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, cbg said:

Who has Science Hill beat that was good?  After looking at their schedule they have defeated the Upper East Tennessee teams but when they don't seem to do well outside their geographical area.  I understand that it would require some travel miles but until Science Hill begins to travel and play the best teams in Knoxville and Middle Tennessee they will never win a state championship.  

1998 AAA State Champions. So, we have one, thanks. 

Never said we are primed to win a state title this year but we do have a good team. And I do believe we have the potential to make some noise in the postseason.

Edited by WBNC83

18 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

1998 AAA State Champions. So, we have one, thanks. 

Never said we are primed to win a state title this year but we do have a good team. And I do believe we have the potential to make some noise in the postseason.

The 1998 State Championship while a great accomplishment is really not relevant 20 years later.  When you speak of "MAKING SOME NOISE IN THE POSTSEASON" my thoughts are you have the legitimate potential to play for a state championship.