5A -- R1 vs R2

blazer1set

11 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'm sure Central will have a game plan when it comes to DC passing game (If that game actually happens).  Nick Craney (Starting MLB for the 2009 Greene Devil team that was the first to make it to state) is the D coordinator for the Bobcats so he knows how to game plan for passing teams (Last team to give the Devils a Loss against his old coach and had a game plan when the Devils took on Bo Wallace in that championship game).  No offense to Larkin but he isn't Bo Wallace

After watching Crockett play, there is no way to completely shut down their receivers, they are just that good.    Central will have to rush the QB, if you give him time he will kill you.    If the DL can't get it done then there better be some LB or safety blitz plays lined up.      I just have a feeling that the Central D-Line will be unlike anything Crockett has seen this year, so if you can get them out of rhythm then Central wins.

11 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'm sure Central will have a game plan when it comes to DC passing game (If that game actually happens).  Nick Craney (Starting MLB for the 2009 Greene Devil team that was the first to make it to state) is the D coordinator for the Bobcats so he knows how to game plan for passing teams (Last team to give the Devils a Loss against his old coach and had a game plan when the Devils took on Bo Wallace in that championship game).  No offense to Larkin but he isn't Bo Wallace

Central by far had the strongest, most aggressive pass rush that HVA saw all year.  The Ads kept dropping 5 to 6 guys into coverage to shutdown the Hawks passing game last week, but Central sent pressure and sent it often!  Bearden was another pressure defense we faced, but again they were no comparison to the speed and aggressiveness that we saw from Central.  If any QB facing Central is not mobile, they better get rid of the ball quickly! 

Gentlemen this is all true. Indeed we do have a VERY good defensive coordinator in Coach Craney and he gameplans very well each week. Our pass rush has been stellar all season, particularly a couple of players have stood out :wink:. I won’t mention names to give anything away, but if you’ve seen us play you know who our best players are. My Bobcats are excited to have won our first Region title since 2000. We hope to continue the success, it starts Friday against Cocke Co.

I mean Stockton has a right to be confident, DC is 10-0. That’s impressive idc who ya play. I’ve watched some film on them already just to take a look and they look solid at most positions. I think they need to improve in 1 area to really be dominant, but they could make a run in the playoffs. If we are fortunate enough to make it to Rd 3, it’ll be a battle.

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I mean Stockton has a right to be confident, DC is 10-0. That’s impressive idc who ya play. I’ve watched some film on them already just to take a look and they look solid at most positions. I think they need to improve in 1 area to really be dominant, but they could make a run in the playoffs. If we are fortunate enough to make it to Rd 3, it’ll be a battle.

Better watch out for the Fighting Cocks. When we played them it got ugly after final buzzer Cocke County went straight to locker room without saking hands. Also they made Crockett fans go out different gates. When I was pulling out I thought I was going to get shot. Rough people in Cocke County.

3 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Better watch out for the Fighting Cocks. When we played them it got ugly after final buzzer Cocke County went straight to locker room without saking hands. Also they made Crockett fans go out different gates. When I was pulling out I thought I was going to get shot. Rough people in Cocke County.

Well dang Stockton lol. They better not come down here acting a fool, we’re not about all that crap. We’re here to play football, hopefully they are too.

39 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Well dang Stockton lol. They better not come down here acting a fool, we’re not about all that crap. We’re here to play football, hopefully they are too.

They came to Boone and we had a good clean game.   But I heard about what happened when Crockett went to Newport, Stockton is not making that up, in fact he is probably being rather gracious

46 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

They came to Boone and we had a good clean game.   But I heard about what happened when Crockett went to Newport, Stockton is not making that up, in fact he is probably being rather gracious

Thanks blazer going to have to meet you one day. Good luck against Gibbs don’t load up the box they will pass when you least expect it 

Can this week go any slower? lol Doesn't matter what team you pull for, high school football season is the best. Can't wait for Cookeville! Been going just about every year since my son was in the 7th grade, and he is now 31. Go watch them all, pull for the east, doesn't matter who it is. It's a great experience, watching towns and communities pouring into the stadium. Last year there couldn't have been anyone left in Greenback, everyone was at the game. If you have never been, go sometime. $10 to park, $12 (unless TSSAA wants more money) for the day. Good luck to everyone, no injuries!