3A Region 4 2018

Classless

York was the top "Tomorrow's Headlines" on Friday Night Thunder program with 492 total yards vs Cumberland Co's 52. 41-0 at CCHS. But, it was CCHS with tough Coalfield next week. Uppetman had a big win over Cookeville but Cookeville graduated almost every starter, but still a big win. Cannon Co eon big over RBS but there won't be any more easy ones. Smith Co off to great start over Macon Co.  Grungy Co. had a big win too. Sequatchie Co lost to tough S. Pittsburg. Good night for the region.

1 hour ago, option76 said:

Other than the Sasquatch getting beat I’d say pretty good.  Only surprise is upperman beat a cookeville team that graduated 304 starters from last year.  

Do you mean the same school that has 2400 students to choose from. Cookeville was still picked top 50% fo 6a . UHS is the real deal. If you are using the reasoning for CHS losing then your same philosophy would have to work the other way. UHS is returning i believe 10 on offense and 10 on defense. Most have been playing since sophomore year.  Can't have it both ways. 

UHS, York, Sequatchie/Smith

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, putnamcountyfan said:

Do you mean the same school that has 2400 students to choose from. Cookeville was still picked top 50% fo 6a . UHS is the real deal. If you are using the reasoning for CHS losing then your same philosophy would have to work the other way. UHS is returning i believe 10 on offense and 10 on defense. Most have been playing since sophomore year.  Can't have it both ways. 

We have the same teams different orders. I’ll stick with my picks 

18 hours ago, putnamcountyfan said:

Great win by Upperman. Always pull for smaller schools vs big 6A cookie cutter student factories. However, Cookeville is way down. No way the cavilers are in top 50% of 6A schools. 6a is more top heavy this year than the past, but Cookeville will lose multiple games this year by at least 3 TDs.

3A Pearl Cohn might be one of those teams

19 hours ago, putnamcountyfan said:

Cookeville has around 130 players each year. Around 40 on the freshman team and dress anywhere from 90 to 99 players. Yes they lost 22 players last year but have 108 players returning. No excuse for them verse a 3a.