Ole Ole Liberty Tech

On 7/24/2018 at 4:14 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

True dat. But honestly Liberty has much bigger problems than the coach. The principal is not very good. I spent many years in Jackson and I wouldn't want Epperson to walk my dog. That school is failing from the top down. 

The whole system has been in trouble for a while. I really do believe that the new superintended will really start turning things around. 

For the last several years the high schools in MAD county have ran off great administration and coaches... Not sure all the reason but I have my thoughts. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, ManOfMillions said:

The whole system has been in trouble for a while. I really do believe that the new superintended will really start turning things around. 

For the last several years the high schools in MAD county have ran off great administration and coaches... Not sure all the reason but I have my thoughts. 

Agree into a certain extent with you. I don't know what to expect from Eric Jones in year two, I don't. However, he has my full support. Yes, that school system has failed miserably at a lot of things, but running off administration and football coaches have to be at the top of the totem pole, I wonder why? This school system will not support athletics, that's evident. These athletes work continuously and put in a lot of hours to play for their school, and they don't get any "award" for their hard work. I would like to see $10 Million each being poured into all three public schools just for athletics, and a few for fine arts. That's just my opinion. I know academics definitely outweigh athletics, but the school system is throwing all the money into academics, and it's not getting them anywhere in terms of test grades. It's time to go into a different route, which is something they will never do.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Agree into a certain extent with you. I don't know what to expect from Eric Jones in year two, I don't. However, he has my full support. Yes, that school system has failed miserably at a lot of things, but running off administration and football coaches have to be at the top of the totem pole, I wonder why? This school system will not support athletics, that's evident. These athletes work continuously and put in a lot of hours to play for their school, and they don't get any "award" for their hard work. I would like to see $10 Million each being poured into all three public schools just for athletics, and a few for fine arts. That's just my opinion. I know academics definitely outweigh athletics, but the school system is throwing all the money into academics, and it's not getting them anywhere in terms of test grades. It's time to go into a different route, which is something they will never do.

Money "thrown" into athletics comes back to you too...community support goes through athletics like electricity through a wire. It's a shame that winning makes a difference, but save for a very few examples(mostly in small rural communities), success brings support. When Bolivar and Liberty were dueling for the gold ball in basketball, you couldn't get a seat in the gym an hour before the game with a pet skunk in your pocket, even in November. Bet you can walk in at halftime now and find plenty of seats.

• Upvote 1