Greenback, Whitwell, and Moore County 3-way

1 minute ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Greenback took advantage for sure. Whitwell defense missing a starter in the secondary and the young sophomore DB had a trial by fire tonight. I thought all 3 teams had moments where they looked good and had moments that would scratch your head.GB will miss Gilbert. Whitwell has depth issues and Moore county OL will struggle. GB has a very good passing game. Whitwell will once again field one of the top defenses in 1A and Moore county will be able to lean on that defense and big FB. Great night of work. 

Yes, I thought all three teams looked like good teams. Whitwell has just as many athletes as Greenback. A lot of good work for all three teams. The Whitwell line is also bigger than last season. At least from what I can remember. That Greenback passing offense is really good, but yes missing Gilbert hurts them in the run game. 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

It's still July and all 3 of these teams will get better as the season goes on but here's my take:

GB: someone said they had some injuries and wouldn't be full strength. I believe they will miss Gilbert more than some think. If you don't have a good pass defense GB may mercy rule you.

Whitwell: had some good runs especially Wingo trucking one about 70 yds for a TD. Will struggle to stop the pass. GB was able to get in the backfield a lot too.

Moore Co: they dont pass the eye test standing on the sideline but they played a lot better than I thought they would. They're going to be a grind it out team.

I would have to say GB looked the best to me tonight. 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, I thought all three teams looked like good teams. Whitwell has just as many athletes as Greenback. A lot of good work for all three teams. The Whitwell line is also bigger than last season. At least from what I can remember. That Greenback passing offense is really good, but yes missing Gilbert hurts them in the run game. 

We are missing Edwards experience and speed on both sides of the ball. He would be getting the RB duties if able to go. The other backs will keep getting better with reps and so will the run block. Edwards will be back & if he can stay healthy the run game will have that extra outside threat. The passing game will just keep getting better and has the potential to be lethal. Defense needs to be more physical & kids gotta start wrapping up and punishing the ball carriers. Looked good at times but got pushed around a little at times. The QB Hanley is also the QB of the defense and played only one way tonight. Decent 1st outing in pads for the D considering no Gilbert, Edwards or Hanley out there. DLine got multiple tackles for loss and sacks. OLine protected Hanley pretty well. Looking forward to scrimmage with GP next week.

Edited by ladykee

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I told you all we will not be full strength for a few weeks,we are a little banged missing three Sr starters on D hurts a small school but we have enough to overcome till post season.Edwards is an all state type player so we will improve quickly,nice to see the passing game leading the way till we heal up a little.Sounds like quality scrimmage and thats what we ALL needed!

14 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

They have a SP connection too.  One of their middle school coaches who I believe helps with the high school also, is former Coach and Principal Danny Wilson’s son, Josh Wilson.  He was on our 2010 State Championship team and played college at Bethel.  

That’s the Blount County Connection I was referring to! LOL

Edited by Red Rebels