Jasper needs a thread

pegleg

18 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'm taking the Mustangs and Greenback in 1a and Waverly vrs Meigs for 2a. What you think.

Greenback vs Huntingdon is a good pick. Lake County is also going to be tough in the west. It’s hard to go against Greenback with 3 straight trips to Cookeville and the whole team returning. I do not think Cornersville will make it back this season. 

As for 2A? Meigs is my 3rd pick out of the east. I think Trousdale and Tyner both have better chances than Meigs. Waverly could get there in 2A from the west, but I won’t ever count out Union City. Their style of offense can keep that high powered Waverly offense off the field. 

2 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Too early in the season to argue . I’ll go with that for now. 

Agree with you as well,an injury or any # of other things could change everything. Like my ole buddy Bass said,they are some other fish in the pond as well.  I think the east is more predictable than the west.

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback vs Huntingdon is a good pick. Lake County is also going to be tough in the west. It’s hard to go against Greenback with 3 straight trips to Cookeville and the whole team returning. I do not think Cornersville will make it back this season. 

As for 2A? Meigs is my 3rd pick out of the east. I think Trousdale and Tyner both have better chances than Meigs. Waverly could get there in 2A from the west, but I won’t ever count out Union City. Their style of offense can keep that high powered Waverly offense off the field. 

IMHO If not for the injury to the Meigs QB last season,they would have represented the East.   Trousdale and Tyner are really solid picks also.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

IMHO If not for the injury to the Meigs QB last season,they would have represented the East.   Trousdale and Tyner are really solid picks also.

I still can't get over the fact that Tyner didn't line up and go for 2 and the win against Union City.  I keep shaking my head at that one.

Just now, Southtowner said:

I still can't get over the fact that Tyner didn't line up and go for 2 and the win against Union City.  I keep shaking my head at that one.

Agree and UC should have kicked the short field goal. That was a crazy dull exciting game. Tyner was the more talented team but UC  is great at being UC.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Agree and UC should have kicked the short field goal. That was a crazy dull exciting game. Tyner was the more talented team but UC  is great at being UC.

Coach said he forgot what down it was and didn't send the field goal unit on.  When something like that happens you gotta take full advantage of it. And like you said Union City is great at being UC. That's the main reason why you can't keep swapping possessions with them. 

Just now, Southtowner said:

Coach said he forgot what down it was and didn't send the field goal unit on.  When something like that happens you gotta take full advantage of it. And like you said Union City is great at being UC. That's the main reason why you can't keep swapping possessions with them. 

You don't get the ball many times.  I'm glad most football is not played that way. Wouldn't care much for it . Can't say I blame them.Its a proven winner and they do it GREAT. Still uuuuugly