Catholic @ Alcoa scrimmage

92Dragon

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

If your beating up on the defending 5A Champs like that then why in the world are you all playing 3A teams that don't bring 25 fans to watch a game and lose money. There is no doubt in my mind Alcoa can win it all in 4A or even 5A most of the time. Enrollment is not a fair measuring stick when a school has big time money behind it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If your beating up on the defending 5A Champs like that then why in the world are you all playing 3A teams that don't bring 25 fans to watch a game and lose money. There is no doubt in my mind Alcoa can win it all in 4A or even 5A most of the time. Enrollment is not a fair measuring stick when a school has big time money behind it. 

So idiots like you will ask the question.... :thumb:

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

With or without touches, the Irish would not have scored on the Alcoa D. Catlick was outmatched at almost every position. Was most impressed with  #7 and #78. However, if they never leave the field, it’s gonna be tough for them to go 4 quarters... Good luck with your season. :thumb:

Scrimmages like this will only help the Irish and make them realize it's a new year. Alcoa has a heck of a team!!! Lots to replace from both a talent and more importantly leadership standpoint. Should be very strong upfront which is a nice starting point.

Most people don't realize that Alcoa actually has more students than Catholic....

8 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Scrimmages like this will only help the Irish and make them realize it's a new year. Alcoa has a heck of a team!!! Lots to replace from both a talent and more importantly leadership standpoint. Should be very strong upfront which is a nice starting point.

Most people don't realize that Alcoa actually has more students than Catholic....

One thing at Catholic that definitely is small will be the seating for such a big crowd the Maryville game will draw. I can't understand why it wasn't on TV. Now everyone who gets a seat will have to go set in the hot sun for two hours to do so. 

21 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Agreed! I think The Irish will be fine in 5A. Heck, Alcoa could probably run through 6A if we had Alcoa City officials calling all our games... :roflol:

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

We know why.... Let's not pretend!

5 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

That seems to be the overwhelming reaction I get from you guys after we paste that L on your schedule. We're a 5A school competing in 6A so no crying here. 

We? What position do you play? Talking isn’t a position....:roflolk:

How many 5A championships do WE have???

Edited by Throwdeslant

3 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Once a Rebel always a Rebel. Kinda funny though you have ThrowDaSlant as your screen name when Rankin rarely does that.

Funny how you are on a thread that doesn’t have Murvul attached in any way to it. However, you didn’t answer my question, but we all know why. Running 4A all those years must have been fun, huh? :roflol:

4 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Funny how you are on a thread that doesn’t have Murvul attached in any way to it. However, you didn’t answer my question, but we all know why. Running 4A all those years must have been fun, huh? :roflol:

As much fun as it has been running 6A. As to answering your question, it would've helped if you included that 5A comment in your original thread. We don't have any 5A titles because we decided to play the big boys and not the little sisters of the backwoods.