Watertown @ Gordonsville

croz6110

6 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I heard that score on the radio and was shocked. I figured Watertown was likely 2-3 scores better but sometimes the bounces don't go your way at all.

Watertown surprised me as well. We ran the ball really well and our defense was lights out. I would be surprised if Gordonsville had 50 yards of offense while both first teams were in the game! I am cautiously optimistic at this point!

14 hours ago, wtaylor said:

This game comes down to DB play by Gville. If they can limit Watertown in the passing game, they can win this. The weather also works in Gvilles favor. I was really impressed with the Gville kicker. With all that being said, Watertown has weapons all over the field. Taking all of this into account, I am taking Gville 24-21.

This game was won in the trenches. H2O ran the ball at will tonight. It has been a long time since H2O has had such an explosive running game. Hats off to our o-line!

I watched the game online and Gordonsville had nothing for Watertown.  With that said, Watertown is legit this year and could very well compete for the 2A title.  If it’s any consolation to Gordonsville, JB didn’t fair any better against Watertown in their scrimmage.

• Like 1

12 seconds into the game h20 town is up 7-0 then 28-0 at half 48-0 end of 3rd it could have been worse h20 town had 2 turnovers in 1st half .  We were watching both teams come out for 2nd half and for the first time many years of watching this game I saw a gville teams body language that did not want to come back out and play the 2nd half, I heard a few people say that when gville came out. Jury is still out on this purple tiger team either they are really really good or gville is really really bad. May be a mixture of both, I said this last year the last few years gville talent has been way down yes h20 talent is better but 40pts better we shall see. Congrats purple.

Edited by diesel28
  • Upvote 1

I thought that Watertown would win, but this margin surprises me! Watertown hit them in the mouth and gville did not want any part of it, which is not like traditional gville teams at all. Interested to see if watertown can have a repeat performance or if this is just a one time deal. I don’t think that Watertown has ever beaten them 4 times in a row in the history of the series, and that in itself is a big accomplishment for these seniors because of how big of a rivalry this is. I hope that this series continues into the future, but I could very well see Gville backing out. All in all, congrats to the purple tigers and i hope that this type of play continues.