FORREST AT BGA

GeneralForrest

There is no way to know about this year yet. But in previous years, I completely disagree that BGA would be better than any 2A team. Marion from 2015 and 2016 would have boat raced BGA. Forrest from 2016 was significantly better as was Meigs. Last year's Tyner and Union City teams were better. Peabody in any given year could beat them. Adamsville too.   

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

I dont remember every nuance of every game,but I will say I don't remember Forrest ever having a 14-0 lead last year. They had 2 opps in the red zone that ended in turnovers. One was a fumble out of the end zone- touchback, and then other was a fumble inside the 5. BGA had done nothing offensively, and Forrest could have been up 21-0. 

No woulda shoulda couldas. But Forrest's final 2 TD's came when they were already getting destroyed. And neither had a PAT or conversion.  

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I dont remember every nuance of every game,but I will say I don't remember Forrest ever having a 14-0 lead last year. They had 2 opps in the red zone that ended in turnovers. One was a fumble out of the end zone- touchback, and then other was a fumble inside the 5. BGA had done nothing offensively, and Forrest could have been up 21-0. 

No woulda shoulda couldas. But Forrest's final 2 TD's came when they were already getting destroyed. And neither had a PAT or conversion.  

Forrest had a 7-0 lead after 1 quarter in 2017. Two impressive 1st quarter drives resulted in zero points. One drive ended on a fumbled 1st and goal play and the other was a turnover on downs at the goal line. BGA had a 21-13 halftime lead and was only up 28-19 with 7 minutes to play when they reeled off 20 unanswered points to make the final score a blowout. 

The BGA QB finished the game  24 of 28 passing with 5 total TD's. Good news is he is gone now. Bad news is many of the playmakers around him are back and a year faster. 

Waverly and Columbia Academy in 2A were both significantly better than BGA. 

D1 skill players- Huntland had one of those a year or two ago. He got his and Forrest won. TEAMS scare me more than individual players. Forrest will have to give their best TEAM effort in almost 2 calendar years to win this game. Let me capitalize TEAM about 5-6 more times lol.