Region 7 2A aka Slobberknockers

PeabodyPride

6 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m picking y’all as a sleeper this yr. I watched y’all play last yr and you guys just looked a little green. I think y’all will be pretty good this yr.

Right now we are not that good.  We got several players coming back from injuries and a couple that havent been able to practice yet for other reasons.  We have potential but kids have to decide its what they want.  We still are slow, got decent size but gots a ton to fix before we can say we are good.

Ok after disectibg some film from yesterday against Fayette Ware i think we have an opportunity to be a pretty strong defense.  We had several starters out on defense and except for a couple busted plays handled them pretty well.  I think scrimmage ended 2-2 but cant remember.    Line play was not great but kids were working hard to get corrections.  Qb looked good, receivers will be above average, running back by committee right now but there were some glimpses of hope.    Kids had good effort and were very business like.  Good things are coming but are still a ways off.

5 hours ago, cardfan said:

Ok after disectibg some film from yesterday against Fayette Ware i think we have an opportunity to be a pretty strong defense.  We had several starters out on defense and except for a couple busted plays handled them pretty well.  I think scrimmage ended 2-2 but cant remember.    Line play was not great but kids were working hard to get corrections.  Qb looked good, receivers will be above average, running back by committee right now but there were some glimpses of hope.    Kids had good effort and were very business like.  Good things are coming but are still a ways off.

Playoff bound again this year and will make it to the second round. Let be said, let it be written!!!!! Good luck this year. 

31 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Slobber Knockers what say you about your teams friday scrimmages that just happened? 

Peabody looked like well Peabody alot of size and speed but also alot of rust to shake off !!!

Saw the video of Dixon spin move for a TD. Quick spin. 

13 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Saw the video of Dixon spin move for a TD. Quick spin. 

It was nice !!!  Tide had a productive scrimmage against a quality oppenent. Tried some new wrinkles for the most part , some worked some didnt. We will be hard to handle in 2 A with the depth we have,a  season ending injury to deal with before the scrimmage happened, but we will adjust..  

Edited by PeabodyPride

47 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

It was nice !!!  Tide had a productive scrimmage against a quality oppenent. Tried some new wrinkles for the most part , some worked some didnt. We will be hard to handle in 2 A with the depth we have a  season ending injury to deal with before the scrimmage happened, but we will adjust..  

Only thought. The new rule on the play clock is going to benefit UC. They grind the clock and now give them more time to eat up the clock between plays. May be one or two less possessions for opposing teams 

5 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Only thought. The new rule on the play clock is going to benefit UC. They grind the clock and now give them more time to eat up the clock between plays. May be one or two less possessions for opposing teams 

I will agree to an extent but PHS can play fast or slow!!! We habe the horses to play 4 yards amd a cloud of dust if need be!!! But your observation is correct about overall it does help the type of O they run ! Saw them practice once so far with a buddy of mine .

10 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I will agree to an extent but PHS can play fast or slow!!! We habe the horses to play 4 yards amd a cloud of dust if need be!!! But your observation is correct about overall it does help the type of O they run ! Saw them practice once so far with a buddy of mine .

Oh I was Not putting you guys down. Just stating an observation that teams will have to deal with. 

Actually the new play clock will increase plays or possessions in a game.  In studies in the old system the ball would be spotted and marked ready for play in about 18-20 seconds between end of play.  The new rule ball is spotted and marked in 10-12 seconds.  It increases the opportunities for more snaps.  It will not be a huge advantage to teams like UC.  40 second play clock will be started as soon as possible once the spot is marked from previous play.  No waiting in referee to blow it ready and no waiting for teams to move to next spot.  It all happens simultaneous.