Alcoa Tornadoes host Grace Christian, Thursday , Aug.16th

BCsportsfan

12 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Welp....

Well that about sums up my night... after watching a very frustrating, delayed game in the Valley.  I had to go home and see how horrible my prediction was for your game too.  I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the popcorn next time!  Humble-pie with a side of crow was on the menu last night.  Still love this game and the boys that bust their tales playing it!  Sounds like it will be another banner year for Alcoa!

7 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Well that about sums up my night... after watching a very frustrating, delayed game in the Valley.  I had to go home and see how horrible my prediction was for your game too.  I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the popcorn next time!  Humble-pie with a side of crow was on the menu last night.  Still love this game and the boys that bust their tales playing it!  Sounds like it will be another banner year for Alcoa!

Sorry for the rough night. I didn’t think your prediction was terrible. Just a little off with the 24 points given. Sit back and get a big ole steak and baked potato. It’s football time, enjoy it! You are always welcome to come hang with the goons on Friday night if ya get the opportunity. 

50 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Sorry for the rough night. I didn’t think your prediction was terrible. Just a little off with the 24 points given. Sit back and get a big ole steak and baked potato. It’s football time, enjoy it! You are always welcome to come hang with the goons on Friday night if ya get the opportunity. 

He does all the time.....:ph34r:

8 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I didn't think Grace would score more than 14 this game, but I didn't predict the shut out or just the overall physically imposing performance that happened last night.

But I want to give  Grace a huge shout out for the way they handled everything last night. Its easy to have a Christian attitude and behavior when you are doing well, but RB and Grace were very impressive last night in maintaining their Christian Witness in the face of adversity.

With the exception of one assistant coach, every comment or action on the sideline was classy and set a good example, again very, very difficult considering the circumstances.

Much respect.

That means more to me and my wife than the VERY KIND COMMENTS about our son ever could. Thank you to everyone for those. It means a lot coming from knowledgeable folks used to watching the highest level of football. He will appreciate them at some point, just not right now.....still mad as a wet hornet after last night. 

But, none of that is important, if he and/or our players or coaches hurt their witness during the process. I ran sticks for years at GCA, before my son got into high school. The opposing sidelines can get downright awful, (and hilarious) at times. I'm so glad to hear ours must not be so bad, even when everyone over there had to be completely frustrated. We could not be more blessed than to have Rusty and the group of guys we have leading our young men. I'm sure I can imagine which assistant spoiled the night. I'll just keep praying for him.

Thanks again folks....good luck to you this season. Run the table and bring home another championship!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

That means more to me and my wife than the VERY KIND COMMENTS about our son ever could. Thank you to everyone for those. It means a lot coming from knowledgeable folks used to watching the highest level of football. He will appreciate them at some point, just not right now.....still mad as a wet hornet after last night. 

But, none of that is important, if he and/or our players or coaches hurt their witness during the process. I ran sticks for years at GCA, before my son got into high school. The opposing sidelines can get downright awful, (and hilarious) at times. I'm so glad to hear ours must not be so bad, even when everyone over there had to be completely frustrated. We could not be more blessed than to have Rusty and the group of guys we have leading our young men. I'm sure I can imagine which assistant spoiled the night. I'll just keep praying for him.

Thanks again folks....good luck to you this season. Run the table and bring home another championship!

Good luck to you as well my friend. Need more dads like you

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Looks like Alcoa has stocked the pond full for the future. Someone does a great job running the weight room over there. The linemen all looked like blocks they were so big. 

Alcoa is very lucky to have the weight program and coaches they have. The kids put in serious work all year. I had a chance to speak with Coach Waters from Maryville the other day. 1st class guy. The rebel weight program is in good hands as well.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, 32hammer said:

I didn't think Grace would score more than 14 this game, but I didn't predict the shut out or just the overall physically imposing performance that happened last night.

But I want to give  Grace a huge shout out for the way they handled everything last night. Its easy to have a Christian attitude and behavior when you are doing well, but RB and Grace were very impressive last night in maintaining their Christian Witness in the face of adversity.

With the exception of one assistant coach, every comment or action on the sideline was classy and set a good example, again very, very difficult considering the circumstances.

Much respect.

I agree with everything Raiseemrightandpray said. I didn't go to the game, conflict and son graduated, but from what I saw and heard from radio and Diamond Clear media, the Alcoa team and fans again lived up to my expectations. They were extremely gracious last year at our place and staff and players were first class. They didn't disappoint again this year. I helped with field setup for years and ran with the sticks crew. Alcoa's team from the top down was respectable and good sports. Its easy to get the big head when you win as much as they do, but they have a poise about them that says, "been there, done that, no biggie". I like it. Rankin could've really made a statement for upcoming teams with a continued onslaught, but chose to pull back on the reins. Very classy and smart on his part. I wish Alcoa continued success as the season continues and hope they get some more hardware from Cookeville in December.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2