Alcoa Tornadoes host Grace Christian, Thursday , Aug.16th

BCsportsfan

12 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Welp....

Wow....I really expected that game to be closer.   I'm glad Alcoa won, of course, but to see ANY Rusty Bradley coached team barely dent an opponents 50 yard line and get shut out?  Rare indeed.  Glad there were no injuries and that it didn't pour rain.  Best of luck to GCA down the road, but that was an absolute beatdown. 

8 minutes ago, dimstar0625 said:

Wow....I really expected that game to be closer.   I'm glad Alcoa won, of course, but to see ANY Rusty Bradley coached team barely dent an opponents 50 yard line and get shut out?  Rare indeed.  Glad there were no injuries and that it didn't pour rain.  Best of luck to GCA down the road, but that was an absolute beatdown. 

I didn’t expect anything else but a beatdown 

12 minutes ago, dimstar0625 said:

The shutout was a bit of a surprise. Good luck to GCA the rest of the way. I was impressed with the qb and #26 receiver...

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

That looks a lot like that goat Roy Rode in to Cookeville last year have you goons got Roy held captive?He is MIA, since then!

Didn’t realize ole Roy was that famous! He getting talked about on just about every thread! 

Just had to check in on Alcoa.. haven’t seen them play since 08 vs Marion County. Alcoa sure didn’t want that train whistle on there track..they had it removed and parked out by the fence! Couple of fans/goons got a little mouthy after that game but calmed down after a nice conversation. Alcoa was definitely impressive to see in person! 

5 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

The shutout was a bit of a surprise. Good luck to GCA the rest of the way. I was impressed with the qb and #26 receiver...

Ditto. If Grace had just alitte bit of a running game to go with #16 & #26, it would help a bunch. Those two are great players. And,I thought Grace's oline did a good job to a point giving the QB time. I knew Alcoa"s Defense would bring constant pressure and will be one of the Tornadoes strength's this season. 

Alcoa was able to play a lot of players and do so without any injuries. Yeah.

9 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Sorry, I'm so late for my post-game humble pie. Thanks for the kind comments. You guys really are all class! It would be easy to talk trash and be arrogant with the program you've got. But, you don't.....so, thank you.

That, unfortunately, was about what I expected. I didn't think we'd be completely shut down, but, knowing what we lost, who was not 100% and/or in shorts on the sideline, what I'd seen in scrimmages, AND most importantly who we were facing last night, I couldn't and wouldn't have said it before the game out of respect for our boys and coaches, but that was an easy bet.

I hoped our line could give our qb a little more time without running around to get it, but...... And, as for that #26....he'll bounce back after a few days of being honked off and more than his ego bruised.....lets just say I bought a lot of ice bags for the bathtub about midnight. I expect our very capable coaching staff will have them snapped and cleared very quickly. We'll be ready for TKA. We OWE THEM!

As y'all already know, you guys have a terrific team. I hope you go out and win every game you play....it'll help this one maybe not sting so bad later on. I'm going to petition weather.com to add a EF6 to their Fujita scale.....it just might be appropriate this year!

And, other than getting whooped all night, my wife and I very much enjoyed our visit to Goddard Field. What a beautiful view as you walk over the hill to the stadium. And, that sunset from the visitor's side....magnificent! I'm cuttin' back, so I'll just have to assume that food was as good as it smelled as my wife dragged me past it. :) 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, orngnblk said:

Hammer it was a close one after the half.13-7 Alcoa and GCA ran a long one but they fumbled on the one or GCA would have had the lead for a short while.I give the Christian fellers a hard time but i also give them their dues,i was getting game play texts from ole Pride.We had them for game 5 and i was scared to death after the first three quarters of the Alcoa game.LOL.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Thanks for the kind comments. I'll pass them on to our folks that will appreciate knowing. It is always good to hear we treat our visitors well. Mostly we hear about how we paid the zebras to throw 50 flags against the other team. I sit up in the penthouse, and I never can tell how things go. I know for a small school, we sure have some go-getters that care about trying to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. I can already tell tomorrow night will be a fun night of football, regardless of the outcome. I still can't hardly believe its here!

I didn't think Grace would score more than 14 this game, but I didn't predict the shut out or just the overall physically imposing performance that happened last night.

But I want to give  Grace a huge shout out for the way they handled everything last night. Its easy to have a Christian attitude and behavior when you are doing well, but RB and Grace were very impressive last night in maintaining their Christian Witness in the face of adversity.

With the exception of one assistant coach, every comment or action on the sideline was classy and set a good example, again very, very difficult considering the circumstances.

Much respect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Sorry, I'm so late for my post-game humble pie. Thanks for the kind comments. You guys really are all class! It would be easy to talk trash and be arrogant with the program you've got. But, you don't.....so, thank you.

That, unfortunately, was about what I expected. I didn't think we'd be completely shut down, but, knowing what we lost, who was not 100% and/or in shorts on the sideline, what I'd seen in scrimmages, AND most importantly who we were facing last night, I couldn't and wouldn't have said it before the game out of respect for our boys and coaches, but that was an easy bet.

I hoped our line could give our qb a little more time without running around to get it, but...... And, as for that #26....he'll bounce back after a few days of being honked off and more than his ego bruised.....lets just say I bought a lot of ice bags for the bathtub about midnight. I expect our very capable coaching staff will have them snapped and cleared very quickly. We'll be ready for TKA. We OWE THEM!

As y'all already know, you guys have a terrific team. I hope you go out and win every game you play....it'll help this one maybe not sting so bad later on. I'm going to petition weather.com to add a EF6 to their Fujita scale.....it just might be appropriate this year!

And, other than getting whooped all night, my wife and I very much enjoyed our visit to Goddard Field. What a beautiful view as you walk over the hill to the stadium. And, that sunset from the visitor's side....magnificent! I'm cuttin' back, so I'll just have to assume that food was as good as it smelled as my wife dragged me past it. :) 

Wow...#26 is you're son!? You have to be extremely proud! What a great WR/player!

Please tell him that all the Alcoa fans where very impressed with his play.