Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Clarksville High Wildcats

Clarksville will be better than last year. The Jackets offensive showing tonight against Gallatin  was impressive and the defense held its own. We are young up front but played well for the most part against Gallatin. This will be a good game. I don’t know how Clarksville compares athletically to Gallatin but that would be good to know. 

6 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Clarksville will be better than last year. The Jackets offensive showing tonight against Gallatin  was impressive and the defense held its own. We are young up front but played well for the most part against Gallatin. This will be a good game. I don’t know how Clarksville compares athletically to Gallatin but that would be good to know. 

We played pretty disciplined football for a first game.  Fewer penalties than I expected for us. The Green Wave helped us with some major penalties. 

CHS will be different story.  SHS plays up for  more week as we travel to Clarksville. We have to "run the ball and run the clock."

10 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I got the Jackets over the Wildcats, similar to last year but I believe we pull away a little faster, we are much better offensively IMO, Hayes is a stud at QB!

Clarksville beat Rossview tonight, they will not just lay down.....

After a little more thought I am going to retract just a bit. This was just one game so take everything with a grain of salt, the Jackets looked better than last year offensively in that they have more play makers both at WR and RB as seen last night, topped off with a QB that could have a big year as well. ALSO, the play calling was much more creative and reacted accordingly to the adjustments made by the defense. Defensively they are behind where they were last year mainly due to blown coverages in the inexperienced secondary, to include at least 2 big plays that lead to Green Wave scores. We better sure that up this week in practice because Coach Shelby is sure to test it.

As far as this game is concerned, Clarksville beat what I am hearing was not a very good Rossview team but a win is a win. Coach Shelby will certainly have his Wild Cats prepared and they are at home. I think we have a better team, BUT that does not always matter in this rivalry, in fact, although I do not have the exact stats on this, I believe it has been awhile, at least in recent years since either team has won 2 in a row and we won last year. Having said that, I feel we should win but Clarksville will not make it easy and I will leave it at that.....

Edited by Kevin38

I was very impressed with Hayes at QB.  He has really improved his passing.  All but 2 or 3 throws were on the money.  Plus he is gonna be dangerous running the ball...he was a step or two from breaking a long run a couple times.  Don't think any of the region teams will have the speed on the outside that Gallatin had last night.

I was pleasantly surprised at the Jackets ability to run up the middle.  They were hugely outsized on the line, and missing the starting fullback, but were still able to make some hay up the middle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably won’t hear much out of the Queen City crowd. If this was a soccer game then they’d be flooding the boards. On another note, I think Springfield out matches them with speed all over the field. I’m confident the coaching staff will correct the blown coverage problems with the safety position  that made the Gallatin game closer than it should’ve been. Fix that and play like they did last Friday and they’ll have dub #2.

10 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Probably won’t hear much out of the Queen City crowd. If this was a soccer game then they’d be flooding the boards. On another note, I think Springfield out matches them with speed all over the field. I’m confident the coaching staff will correct the blown coverage problems with the safety position  that made the Gallatin game closer than it should’ve been. Fix that and play like they did last Friday and they’ll have dub #2.

agree and get 23 the ball in his hands!

16 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I like the sound of that