Jackson Sun Sports

mrbigster

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s amazing that old school could get all the box scores and articles in on Friday night and be printed in the paper for Saturday. And it is nice to grab a paper and go to breakfast at the local liars table to have some real conversation with real people. Rather than just looking at a screen and texting our thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

It’s amazing that old school could get all the box scores and articles in on Friday night and be printed in the paper for Saturday. And it is nice to grab a paper and go to breakfast at the local liars table to have some real conversation with real people. Rather than just looking at a screen and texting our thoughts. 

People rarely "interact" with each other on a personal level anymore. Tech has provided us with instant knowledge that was either time and labor intensive to obtain, or impossible...now you speak it, and it's there. The price that we're paying for that luxury is great, because human bonds that were formed by just talking with strangers aren't "necessary" any longer.Meeting Intense, Butchie, Duckman, yourself, and others were the result of technology, but even for all the good natured banter on here, just a few brief conversations held face to face pales hours of typing and reading by comparison.

You brought out a very interesting point BigEd...it must have been difficult to obtain scores and details of games in years gone by (before the advent of social media), yet it was done and in the Saturday edition. How much trouble could it be to include now that obtaining that same information is so easy? Maybe I'm just archaic in my thinking, but the old way seems much better to me...I'd gladly give up the ability to instantly gain information for the necessity of everyone communicating more, and the incidental result...meeting like minded people and acquiring new friends.

Even though it's good to touch base once in a while on here, I'm looking forward to talking with you and some of the others soon! Best to you and yours until we MEET again...friend.

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

People rarely "interact" with each other on a personal level anymore. Tech has provided us with instant knowledge that was either time and labor intensive to obtain, or impossible...now you speak it, and it's there. The price that we're paying for that luxury is great, because human bonds that were formed by just talking with strangers aren't "necessary" any longer.Meeting Intense, Butchie, Duckman, yourself, and others were the result of technology, but even for all the good natured banter on here, just a few brief conversations held face to face pales hours of typing and reading by comparison.

You brought out a very interesting point BigEd...it must have been difficult to obtain scores and details of games in years gone by (before the advent of social media), yet it was done and in the Saturday edition. How much trouble could it be to include now that obtaining that same information is so easy? Maybe I'm just archaic in my thinking, but the old way seems much better to me...I'd gladly give up the ability to instantly gain information for the necessity of everyone communicating more, and the incidental result...meeting like minded people and acquiring new friends.

Even though it's good to touch base once in a while on here, I'm looking forward to talking with you and some of the others soon! Best to you and yours until we MEET again...friend.

Same to you brother. We will cross paths soon and looking forward to it. Tell the boys on the Hill to stand strong and represent their community in a mighty way.