Riverdale Irrelevant

fredjones

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I know the slightest thing about the zoning issue. I do know this: The new superintendent is a former principal at OHS who just promoted one of his vice principals to replace him, who in turned hired the superintendent's son-in-law to fill his spot. Oakland also has 2 school board members with heavy ties to Oakland. I'd be surprised if the rezoning went badly enough to seriously hurt them, in my opinion.

However, if it did, Oakland has the picture perfect model of a feeder system now. From the bottom to the top, these kids are playing in the same system, and each level is pretty successful right now. I do t think Oakland drops off much as long as either Creasy or Jackson (DC) remains there

Yes, but he was a Vice Principal at R'dale BEFORE he went to Oakland.

He is a straight up person and will bend over backwards to be fair to EVERY school.  Just the kind of man he is.

TDC, the weight system we knew is NOT there anymore.  Conditioning is off at all the schools also because of the T$$AA silly rules that favors weak programs instead of machines like we knew.  Can't yell at the kids, can't make them run the snake...........You know Coach A wussy rules!  Most would feint dead away if they had seen me running the 'clone' the mile with the 75 pound pack every day AFTER practice!

And as to mellow, just don't have the strength to carry the 45 anymore..............or the badge to go with it.

The Police strength pepper spray WILL get the job done most times now though.  LOL

Edited by Lost Old Dad

2 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Yes, but he was a Vice Principal at R'dale BEFORE he went to Oakland.

He is a straight up person and will bend over backwards to be fair to EVERY school.  Just the kind of man he is.

TDC, the weight system we knew is NOT there anymore.  Conditioning is off at all the schools also because of the T$$AA silly rules that favors weak programs instead of machines like we knew.  Can't yell at the kids, can't make them run the snake...........You know Coach A wussy rules!  Most would feint away if the had seen me running the 'clone' the mile with the 75 pound pack every day AFTER practice!

And as to mellow, just don't have the strength to carry the 45 anymore..............or the badge to go with it.

The Police strength pepper spray WILL get the job done most times now though.  LOL

Before that, he was a teacher at Oakland. Your not wrong, I just dont see a scenario where this doesnt work in Oakland's favor

10 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I will give you that Oakland's feeder Middle School is giving them tougher players coming in.  I do not know what Christiana's motivation is, but it is NOT physical tough.

Which is led by former Warrior Scott Thomas and  was led by current Blackman HC Kit Hartsfield at one point (another former warrior)

Edited by MidTennFootball

Going to be a long season.  From it form a base that will be FEARED for years to come.  A dynasty is not built from one or two games.  It is from being consistently good year after year after YEAR!

Now work those underclassmen hard.  They are the future.

EVERYBODY back in the weight room NOW.  Coaches, you to!  Show the young men you know what you are talking about and will not ask them to do anything you are not willing to do yourselves!