Gordonsville @ Smith County

croz6110

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, croz6110 said:

Can Gordonsville recover after the shellacking Watertown gave them and beat Carthage in the hole for the 1st time since 1998?

I think so.

There have been many years in the past that Gville should have won this game but could not do it.  It seems this scenario may play out again this Friday. SC28  -   Gville 20

29 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I don't disagree, but I'm thinking the talent gap may be even larger this year.

Possibly, and I think Gville will be well coached, but even when Gville won the state they were still second best in the county. Just busting your chops Croz, I hope for a good game that is fun to watch and after Friday I will be pulling for the Big Blue the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, GBO1 said:

Possibly, and I think Gville will be well coached, but even when Gville won the state they were still second best in the county. Just busting your chops Croz, I hope for a good game that is fun to watch and after Friday I will be pulling for the Big Blue the rest of the season.

Maynord was able to avoid losing to Gville even we had the "better" team. Coaching ability on both sides plays into that.

I'd like to think it's not that way now. I like the makeup of our staff. If the kids do what they're told and play hard, we'll be in good shape.

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Is smith county struggling that much?

I seen them scrimmage against Station Camp and I thought for awhile that I was watching their JV.

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I don't disagree, but I'm thinking the talent gap may be even larger this year.

That boy you guys got in the backfield will be the best player on the field by a mile.

21 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I seen them scrimmage against Station Camp and I thought for awhile that I was watching their JV.

That boy you guys got in the backfield will be the best player on the field by a mile.

Yeah even though H2O bottled him up I could tell he’s going to do some serious damage to some of these scrub teams they’ll play.  If SC is as bad as people say he may go for 300 Friday lol.

Not many giving SC much credit in this game.Gvilles Mr. football finalist last year only had 38 yards against H2O.Gvilles o line and D line are softest i have seen in many years .SC is young but the line if better than average for their age.Owls need to key on 28 (givens) and keep an eye on 14 (washer) he is a big play maker.Also the Owls Tanner Marshall ripped Macon Co for 180 rushing last week.Givens may or may not be the best running back on the field this year.We will see Friday night.Good Luck to both teams for an injury free game.Owls 34  Tiger 20