Gordonsville @ Smith County

croz6110

2 hours ago, jls said:

Not many giving SC much credit in this game.Gvilles Mr. football finalist last year only had 38 yards against H2O.Gvilles o line and D line are softest i have seen in many years .SC is young but the line if better than average for their age.Owls need to key on 28 (givens) and keep an eye on 14 (washer) he is a big play maker.Also the Owls Tanner Marshall ripped Macon Co for 180 rushing last week.Givens may or may not be the best running back on the field this year.We will see Friday night.Good Luck to both teams for an injury free game.Owls 34  Tiger 20

I think H20 is gonna give many teams problems this year.

Gordonsville scored on their first 3 possessions in the scrimmage against Macon County as well. And Macon County didn't get a first down on their first 4 possessions. So yeah I wouldn't be counting on that game against Macon County as being a good measuring stick.

14 hours ago, jls said:

Not many giving SC much credit in this game.Gvilles Mr. football finalist last year only had 38 yards against H2O.Gvilles o line and D line are softest i have seen in many years .SC is young but the line if better than average for their age.Owls need to key on 28 (givens) and keep an eye on 14 (washer) he is a big play maker.Also the Owls Tanner Marshall ripped Macon Co for 180 rushing last week.Givens may or may not be the best running back on the field this year.We will see Friday night.Good Luck to both teams for an injury free game.Owls 34  Tiger 20

Watertown is very good. They have the opportunity to go further than they ever have.

If I remember correctly, they beat a very talented Smith County team last year. They return almost all of their starters, so we'll see later on how they stack up against the mighty owls.

11 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Watertown is very good. They have the opportunity to go further than they ever have.

If I remember correctly, they beat a very talented Smith County team last year. They return almost all of their starters, so we'll see later on how they stack up against the mighty owls.

The OWLS are not mighty but have proven they can handle the blue and white regardless of talent levels. This is a great and fun rivalry but has been dominated by the Black and Gold over the past 20 years. I may be wrong but I think Croz was part of the last team that beat SC at Carthage. He played guard, end and tackle...lol.

24 minutes ago, GBO1 said:

The OWLS are not mighty but have proven they can handle the blue and white regardless of talent levels. This is a great and fun rivalry but has been dominated by the Black and Gold over the past 20 years. I may be wrong but I think Croz was part of the last team that beat SC at Carthage. He played guard, end and tackle...lol.

You are partly right. I was on the last team that beat Carthage at the hole. For what it's worth I was on teams that won 3 out of 4 against them.

As for the position, you got 1/3 of it right. I didn't have to tackle anyone in that game whether on the bench or the field.

Ought to be a good game. SC's win against MC (although down)  boost their confidence. Gordonsville loss ( worse than expected ) hurt their confidence. The o-lines will decide the game. Neither throws it around the yard,  Gotta make holes to run the ball. I think the difference will be who scores 1st and applies the pressure. 

12 hours ago, Reynard said:

Ought to be a good game. SC's win against MC (although down)  boost their confidence. Gordonsville loss ( worse than expected ) hurt their confidence. The o-lines will decide the game. Neither throws it around the yard,  Gotta make holes to run the ball. I think the difference will be who scores 1st and applies the pressure. 

You may be right. I didn't like the way the Tigers responded to adversity last week. Let's  hope this week is different.