Fulton vs. Knox Central

Domin18

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I mean actually no Greyrider. Calls get missed sometimes, but when a RB literally runs forward 3 steps before the snap and no flag is thrown, you ask how can NONE of the refs see that? How can a Fulton Defensive player jump in the neutral zone trying to evade our linemen and then the flag is thrown on us? I’m not salty we lost it was a great defensive battle. But the refs helped Fulton in the second half.

Come on Bobcat .. there were calls missed on both sides like always  like the OT from Central holding #74 for Fulton almost every play ...  and penalties were plenty on both teams -  I was there ..with all the TV timeouts and penalty flags it was painful ... to watch  .. I had to get up early  to go to work ..  both teams have alot to work on offensively - both teams have good defenses it seems ..  games are won on big plays and Fulton made them and Central didnt  .. bottom line ...  both teams shot themselves in foot with penalties on offense  ... its hard to go from 1st and 10 to 2nd and 15 against good  defenses and convert and keep drives going ... fumbled punt snap or Central doesnt get the FG .. both teams made alot of mistakes  ... it was Fulton 1st game and Central 2nd game - hope we can fix some of the mistakes or Powell will bite us ..they look to be pretty solid .. hats off to Central had a good defensive gameplan ... Central is 0-2 but they will finish strong   ... and they have some beef in the middle and some active DE's and LB's ... 

Edited by Tadvols

Fulton must get better on the OL. They have the athletes to get back to cookeville, but when the playoffs come around they need to be able to rely on that OL. With that being said, they might not give up more than 20 points in an. Game all season. That defense is stout. Looking forward to watching the falcons and bobcats for the rest of the year. 

Wow are people really complaining about calls lol? Both teams had plenty of penalties and the PI was for sure PI. Showed the replay on tv it was very close live but in slow mo the DB got there early. What bout the PI that wasn’t called on the long TD pass we had in the 4th quarter?? Central D.B. literally trying to grab the wr for 10 yards lol we still caught it but I didn’t see any flags. Just say good game and keep it moving all the blaming the refs is weak. Both teams had plenty of mistakes and both teams played hard. Central will be tough this season.

21 minutes ago, FHSalumn12 said:

Wow are people really complaining about calls lol? Both teams had plenty of penalties and the PI was for sure PI. Showed the replay on tv it was very close live but in slow mo the DB got there early. What bout the PI that wasn’t called on the long TD pass we had in the 4th quarter?? Central D.B. literally trying to grab the wr for 10 yards lol we still caught it but I didn’t see any flags. Just say good game and keep it moving all the blaming the refs is weak. Both teams had plenty of mistakes and both teams played hard. Central will be tough this season.

exactly. i expect both teams to play each other again in the semi finals.

15 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Greyrider, I don't always agree with you, but I think you're dead on about this one. Knoxville media keeps trying to push Catholic, Fulton, Farragut, A-E and Grace as the top programs. You should have heard the nonsense a media person was throwing out about the Maryville/Catholic and Alcoa /Grace  games on the radio the other day.

Its ridiculous I know. 

I agree that a lot of calls were missed or not called, but if they had called them all, we'd still be there. So many flags! Didn't care for all of the personal fouls committed late in the game. If these two end up in the semi's, it will be a war. Folks who think these teams aren't very good needed to be there. They pounded each other!