DCA....

DillonPanthers1

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Not sure I would call DCA a rebuilding project.  They have always been very good.  They should be good now.  With only about 20-24 players on the roster, I would say something went wrong recently to make #s that low.  DCA is coming off a championship game appearance.  Dropoff should be minimal at best.  Goodwin is one of the better coaches to come through Middle Tennessee in a long, long time.  Very consistent.  Hard to compete with those #s however, but Wade has always been coaching on great teams.  He has had a knack of placing himself in great situations.  I am sure he was looking at DCA not being any different.  I am sure you are a fan of Wade, probably played for him during his earlier time at DCA.  IF he stays, I am sure he will get it turned around in time, but I am confident that Wade was not quite prepared for what he is facing right now at DCA.  Definitely unfamiliar territory for him.  I am still trying to figure out how he did not get the Ensworth gig.   

Good post. The largest class in the school with 15 Sr players was replaced with the smallest class of 2 Sr players. Roster is currently at 28. The 8/7/6/5 have 50+ players. They will add close to 15 players next year and they will field a team close to 45 kids. 

I didnt play for Paul but have been a supporter of his since his days playing Phil King football. Just a great guy and leader of young men. 

Everyone knew this year would be have its challenges but the support for Coach Wade, his staff, and those kids is no different than last year. 

This thread was started to take a shot at DCA and make false statements. My purposes was to show the program is in great hands and regardless of what some have said the excitement around the program is high. Coach Goodwin had a great run and Paul will make his own legacy now. I am confident it will be special. 

Edited by Playerscoach

2 hours ago, cbg said:

I also have no idea why Paul Wade was not named the Ensworth head coach but we must remember a few things:

1.  Paul stepped aside and did not coach for a couple of years while at Ensworth.  I was told that he wanted to be able to watch his son play at the Naval Academy and would not be able to do so and coach high school football due to the time commitment.  

2.  Was he passed over at Ensworth or did he not want the job?  In D2AAA it's like small college football.  Every school has good coaches and facilities.  The major difference between teams is what athletes you can get in the school compared to the other schools in your division.  Ensworth is not an easy place to win at due to a small coed student body.  Ensworth may have 75 boy's per class and MBA, McCallie and Christian Brothers have between 150-250.  That is a major difference and really cuts into the depth of a team.  

So according to "1" CPW wasn't on the sidelines for EHS for 2 years?

3 hours ago, ocac said:

Did you really just say that it is hard to win at Ensworth?  That must be a figment of my imagination or I have lost the ability to understand the English language.  Ensworth has had no problem getting the kids they need to compete in school.  They have the best of everything.  They have unbelievable training staff to prepare the kids physically for competition.........in all sports.  Great facilities.  Great financial support.  They opened the High School in 2004 and have since won 4 State championships, in the toughest league in TN.  I do not see that as having trouble finding players.    

The past few years many of the good student athletes have been transferring out of Ensworth to another school.  I have heard why but I am not positive so I will not elaborate on the issues.  Yes, they do have some good athletes but not like many of the other schools in D2AAA.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:44 AM, ocac said:

Not sure I would call DCA a rebuilding project.  They have always been very good.  They should be good now.  With only about 20-24 players on the roster, I would say something went wrong recently to make #s that low.  DCA is coming off a championship game appearance.  Dropoff should be minimal at best.  Goodwin is one of the better coaches to come through Middle Tennessee in a long, long time.  Very consistent.  Hard to compete with those #s however, but Wade has always been coaching on great teams.  He has had a knack of placing himself in great situations.  I am sure he was looking at DCA not being any different.  I am sure you are a fan of Wade, probably played for him during his earlier time at DCA.  IF he stays, I am sure he will get it turned around in time, but I am confident that Wade was not quite prepared for what he is facing right now at DCA.  Definitely unfamiliar territory for him.  I am still trying to figure out how he did not get the Ensworth gig.   

From what I seen the numbers are a huge issue because it looked like they had a couple kids on the offensive line that are in the 160-180 pound range. And that isn't gonna cut it.

1 hour ago, ocac said:

False statement.  CPW did not take a 2 year hiatus.  Not sure what/who your source of information is.  

Your reading comprehension is a little lacking. I was posing a question for CBG who pointed out the alleged two-year hiatus. I agree 100% that is a false statement. Let me recommend www.hookedonphonics.com .

Regards

7 hours ago, Sackmaster50 said:

Your reading comprehension is a little lacking. I was posing a question for CBG who pointed out the alleged two-year hiatus. I agree 100% that is a false statement. Let me recommend www.hookedonphonics.com .

Regards

Lol.  I guess my reading comprehension is lacking. My point was directed at cbg, I just happened to hiLite your post. Sarcasm thrown right back at me.  I like it.  But, anyway, Paul Wade was coaching at Ensworth, to the best of my knowledge.  

1 hour ago, ocac said:

Lol.  I guess my reading comprehension is lacking. My point was directed at cbg, I just happened to hiLite your post. Sarcasm thrown right back at me.  I like it.  But, anyway, Paul Wade was coaching at Ensworth, to the best of my knowledge.  

We are on the same page then. No offense intended, just some football forum fun. And yes, you're correct. Paul Wade never took a 2 year sabbatical. Or the Ensworth games I attended had a great twin to represent the 10 finger ringed man. :mrgreen:

Paul does a good job no doubt about it.  DCA is down in talent and no coach would be winning.  The thought that Wade would come in and it be instant success is how ignorant lots of people are.  Truth is Wade has been very successful at places that are deep in talent.  Many  times coaches that are looked at to be the best have looked good due to lots of talent around them, its easy when you have talented players.  Only time will tell how long he will stay or if that talent level will change.