Greeneville Vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

Greeneville is playing as good as I've seen a team play around here in a while.Matter of fact,I can't remember a team this hot and there have been some good ones.Maybe go back to Tennessee high in the early seventies and I was to young to really know just how good they were.They are a very hard matchup because they flat out have every part of their game going.Great players and a great coaching staff makes them a tough team to go against.

Yeah, I know but I was just saying that would do the trick if you wanted to come back down to earth. I know its hard to compare teams from different times, especially as far back as that TH team. But weren't they voted National Champion's? Gate City had a couple of teams in the mid 70's when the Rogers brothers played that was probably as good as that TH team. One of those teams won in the Va. state championship game by a score of 76-16. I think DB had 3 teams in the early 2000's and again in 2012 when Forman and Swafford were seniors that was as good as Greenville is this year. I'll give you the coaching advantage but overall I think those teams were at least equal to Greenville.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, I know but I was just saying that would do the trick if you wanted to come back down to earth. I know its hard to compare teams from different times, especially as far back as that TH team. But weren't they voted National Champion's? Gate City had a couple of teams in the mid 70's when the Rogers brothers played that was probably as good as that TH team. One of those teams won in the Va. state championship game by a score of 76-16. I think DB had 3 teams in the early 200's and again in 2012 when Forman and Swafford were seniors that was as good as Greenville is this year. I'll give you the coaching advantage but overall I think those teams were at least equal to Greenville.

All good teams and for their time it's pretty hard to be better then "national champs".It would be hard for most teams from way back to compete with todays athletes but there have been some special teams over the years