Greeneville Vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

13 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, I know but I was just saying that would do the trick if you wanted to come back down to earth. I know its hard to compare teams from different times, especially as far back as that TH team. But weren't they voted National Champion's? Gate City had a couple of teams in the mid 70's when the Rogers brothers played that was probably as good as that TH team. One of those teams won in the Va. state championship game by a score of 76-16. I think DB had 3 teams in the early 2000's and again in 2012 when Forman and Swafford were seniors that was as good as Greenville is this year. I'll give you the coaching advantage but overall I think those teams were at least equal to Greenville.

I disagree 

27 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, I know but I was just saying that would do the trick if you wanted to come back down to earth. I know its hard to compare teams from different times, especially as far back as that TH team. But weren't they voted National Champion's? Gate City had a couple of teams in the mid 70's when the Rogers brothers played that was probably as good as that TH team. One of those teams won in the Va. state championship game by a score of 76-16. I think DB had 3 teams in the early 200's and again in 2012 when Forman and Swafford were seniors that was as good as Greenville is this year. I'll give you the coaching advantage but overall I think those teams were at least equal to Greenville.

I can't imagine how good DB was in 2012 before they lost their QB ... I think DB probably would of won that year if he hadn't got hurt . We were able to Contain Foreman as a QB , by laying off the rush and containing running lanes . A good QB would of got Foreman the ball in space and that probably would of been huge for DB ! 

8 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I can't imagine how good DB was in 2012 before they lost their QB ... I think DB probably would of won that year if he hadn't got hurt . We were able to Contain Foreman as a QB , by laying off the rush and containing running lanes . A good QB would of got Foreman the ball in space and that probably would of been huge for DB ! 

Actually DB was a better team with Forman at QB simply because he was touching the ball on every play. Before he took over at QB he was only touching the ball 3 or 4 times a game. Yeah I know, pretty crazy. But that was the history during the Clark era. But your right if the QB hadn't got hurt mid season and they had enough sense to use Forman I think they would of given Maryville a better game. 

19 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Actually DB was a better team with Forman at QB simply because he was touching the ball on every play. Before he took over at QB he was only touching the ball 3 or 4 times a game. Yeah I know, pretty crazy. But that was the history during the Clark era. But your right if the QB hadn't got hurt mid season and they had enough sense to use Forman I think they would of given Maryville a better game. 

Foreman was an exceptional athlete , he scared me to death every time he had the ball ... sorry for getting thread sidetracked . 

I was just joking with ya DevilMan03 , hopefully we both make it to Cookeville this year !

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pepvol said:

Foreman was an exceptional athlete , he scared me to death every time he had the ball ... sorry for getting thread sidetracked . 

I was just joking with ya DevilMan03 , hopefully we both make it to Cookeville this year !

I always pull for the Rebels "except for a few times"and wish I could watch them every week on a replay.First thing I noticed way back was that everyone on the field had a job nomatter where the play was.