West Carroll @ Dresden

HevyReturns

Ok I was going to let it go but screw this now. Some of you Dresden fans are real pieces of work. Calling texting and social media messaging a 16 year old to threaten him, his mom, his younger siblings and his father who is a disabled veteran.  Grow up. You lost the freaking game get over it. Don't blame our kid because your coaching and medical staff failed your kid. I hope the cops find you maggots. 

On 9/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, TheReaper said:

I haven't been on the Dresden Lions board in a while, but anytime I hear Dresden fans complaining about "dirty" play...even I have to call them out on it. Historically speaking (within the last decade), Dresden was historically undisciplined (until Coach Rang's second year) and the bad attitudes costs a lot of games. I've watched the video clip and yes, I believe it was an intentional step...but with that being said, I lived through unsportsmanlike conduct penalties almost weekly, multiple personal fouls weekly, helmets getting ripped off (almost weekly)..hence the old saying, what goes around comes around. You show me a team's penalties every week and I'll show you where their problems are...and I venture to say that Dresden averages 5 personal fouls a game this year based off box score and friends in the area. Total undisciplined play by a total undisciplined team. The decline started after 2 years ago...it's only going to get worse. Hope the younger Yates heals up, he's a gifted athlete and a game changer in Single A. Great win for West Carroll. 

......I knew the fall would be quick, but not this quick. West Carroll....it's now yours to win or lose. According to one of the coaches, Dresden had over 20 penalties tonight and 1/2 of them were either personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conduct. Greenfield hadn't beaten Dresden in like 15 years or so. This is ridiculous. The coach or the administration have lost control again. When I saw the score on CoachT, I at first thought it was an error. I was told the game wasn't as close as the score was. Crazy year for sure. 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, BigEdMo said:

And the judgmental will be judged accordingly. So your are preaching to the choir ritious one. I have No dog in this race just as you don’t. Again the kid was hurt and that is unfortunate. Grown men getting on here to fight their point of view is trivial in the the greater scheme of things that you so elequintly  have pointed out. I am Good on my judgement day so no need to concern yourself with me. Thank you for your concern though. Buddy

Such were these people: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/%3fsearch=Matthew%2b7:21-23&version=KJV&interface=amp

Fighting to be on the side of truth is not being  judgemental. 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

Hevy if you want to talk to me do it on your own account. That's very lame to do man. Grow up

If this is Hevy, explain why on this very account two years ago I gave directions to Hevy on how to get to a certain stadium. Show your evidence to the moderators or continue merely slandering with LIES. 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:35 PM, tradertwo said:

I respect Hevy's right to his opinion (and everyone else's) ...he get's revved up sometimes, but you can tell he's a good guy with his heart in the right place. That doesn't change the fact that this forum is not the place to pass judgement on a minor. His coaches know the mindset of the player involved better than anyone else, and I would hope that any "judgement" of his intent would be made and properly addressed by them.

I’m glad you’re respecting his right, but empirical evidence via video footage is not passing judgement. It’s the truth, fact, hard evidence, etc.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, TheReaper said:

I haven't been on the Dresden Lions board in a while, but anytime I hear Dresden fans complaining about "dirty" play...even I have to call them out on it. Historically speaking (within the last decade), Dresden was historically undisciplined (until Coach Rang's second year) and the bad attitudes costs a lot of games. I've watched the video clip and yes, I believe it was an intentional step...but with that being said, I lived through unsportsmanlike conduct penalties almost weekly, multiple personal fouls weekly, helmets getting ripped off (almost weekly)..hence the old saying, what goes around comes around. You show me a team's penalties every week and I'll show you where their problems are...and I venture to say that Dresden averages 5 personal fouls a game this year based off box score and friends in the area. Total undisciplined play by a total undisciplined team. The decline started after 2 years ago...it's only going to get worse. Hope the younger Yates heals up, he's a gifted athlete and a game changer in Single A. Great win for West Carroll. 

You haven’t watched Dresden football for very long then. The teams of the early 2010s were way more disciplined than any of Rang’s teams. Having a whole boat load of talent and winning games is not an indication of discipline. Those teams were extremely high in penalties, mostly in part due to how extremely physical they were. That said, Rang is the best overall coach Dresden has ever had. He had the best offensive playcalling we’ve ever had, the best understanding of defense, had a terrific offseason program and coached at a WAY higher level than any other coach we’ve ever had. He was the whole package. Conservative playcalling and the inability to adjust and be more versatile killed those teams in the early 2010s. We really didn’t have a solid program with those teams in the mid 2000s, or else we’d have 3 or 4 more gold balls at the school. It’s the same song and dance with some of those teams in the 80s. We just never lived up to our potential. 

36 minutes ago, Envoy said:

I’m glad you’re respecting his right, but empirical evidence via video footage is not passing judgement. It’s the truth, fact, hard evidence, etc.

It's passing judgement for the intent, not the action. I saw the video. He stepped on the leg. no disputing that, but to pronounce JUDGEMENT for his intent is not what adults should be doing on a forum accessible to the kid. If it was a purposeful action to further injure the player, he has to deal with that himself...if not I hope that he suffers no mental anguish over it. Either way it's not my business (nor yours) to prognosticate.

• CoachT locked this topic