West Carroll @ Dresden

HevyReturns

8 hours ago, Waker said:

You need the calm down. You are completely out of control. Please remember these are 15-18 kids playing a sport and as much as you want it to be about you, it isn’t. Before you say it’s not, your cute little story about you boxing, proves it. It’s a shame the young man got hurt, but you still trying to prove your point 5 days later is starting to sound like a sore loser. No one else from Dresden is doing this. 

The hilarious irony is that he was making a point about OTHER people by telling the boxing story, but you completely leaped over it and made a false assumption about hevy. He’s saying he willing stepped away from a sport he loves to avoid foul tactics by a coach. Those are the moral perameters he has for himself, so that’s why he’s speaking out against what he saw. The story was about dirty tactics, not himself. His message says what it says. You’re only responsible for what you write, not the false interpretations that can come with it. That was a very revealing response. 

Edited by Envoy

8 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

It is time to move on. Intentional or not, I'm sure the player that everyone is blasting feels terrible. Anyone that saw Yates Facebook post about his knee knows he is handling it with 100% more class than the adults on the T about his injury. We could all learn something from this young man. Instead of bashing young men & football programs, lets pray for him & all the HS athletes competing in every HS sport. You know the risk of injury when you play a sport & you never know when it could be your son or daughter or loved one. 

So if somebody intentionally hurt another player (which I’m not saying he did), you can’t speak out against it? Speaking out against deliberate, career-ending tactics is handling it without class? That’s the most inconsistent thing I’ve ever read. Both responses are fine. However, being a bystander and saying nothing or making excuses for the perpetrator are the wrong responses. 

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I say shut it down too. What's done is done, and what's been said can't be retracted. Deliberate or accidental makes little difference, the Dresden kid is handling it, and the WC player doesn't need to read some of this junk.

Shutting down stuff that you disagree with or stuff that makes you uncomfortable is censorship. If that kid did in fact try to cheap shot a player and hurt him for the rest of the game, then he should read these things. 

9 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

The video must lie because I see a kid inadvertently stepping on another to get back to his huddle on a hustle play. 

A fact of what we do see here on the T is a self proclaimed man of honor dragging a 16 year old through the mud.

Very nice.

Can you point me to your claim that he announced himself as a man of honor? That’s nothing more than conjecture. Why does the age of the person involved matter? If Hevy does in fact know this kid pulled an Albert Haynesworth, then he should hold his feet to the fire. Otherwise, you’re rewarding blantant cheap shots. If somebody truly cares about the kid, and if he really cheated, help him by holding him accountable. These targeted cheap shots that are becoming common have no place in football. Play a team, line up and beat them the real way. If you have to deliberately cheap shot a player to get him out of the game, then you really weren’t good enough to win without cheating. Cheaters never prosper.

11 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Is a chop block not capable of hurting someone? I should have chose that word differently, hurt is harse, maybe roughed up would have been better. But bottom line is the team knows who key players are, we are kidding ourselves if they don't get extra contact. Dirty or not it happens. Talking with several kids,  crazy s-it happens in a football game. Usually on both teams. Cant change what happens I say shut this thread down. Before Zebra and Revy have a Battle Royale on some back road. What is the phrase many coaches use "controlled sense of rage", sometimes it's hard for kids to do. 

Just for the record I've done stuff like that also. One time I stepped on an opponents golf ball while he wasn't looking. I did repent when I sobered up.

Fixed sporting events also goes on, but that doesn’t make it right. Nobody is saying it does or doesn’t happen. That’s not the point. 

1 hour ago, Envoy said:

The hilarious irony is that he was making a point about OTHER people by telling the boxing story, but you completely leaped over it and made a false assumption about hevy. He’s saying he willing stepped away from a sport he loves to avoid foul tactics by a coach. Those are the moral perameters he has for himself, so that’s why he’s speaking out against what he saw. The story was about dirty tactics, not himself. His message says what it says. You’re only responsible for what you write, not the false interpretations that can come with it. That was a very revealing response. 

Thanks to Hevy’s other account for showing me the irony.

1 hour ago, Envoy said:

Shutting down stuff that you disagree with or stuff that makes you uncomfortable is censorship. If that kid did in fact try to cheap shot a player and hurt him for the rest of the game, then he should read these things. 

I do not necessarily disagree (nor agree) with what's been posted from either viewpoint, and the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is the insensitivity toward a minor, who was merely playing a game. If it was intentional, it was clearly a "heat of the moment" type thing and not a conscious effort that was preplanned. All the guff in the world won't change the injury, but could cause a potentially innocent kid some serious issues with guilt and/or depression. I doubt if there's one of us adults on here that at some point has not ever been accused of something that we had no part of, and that's a bad feeling, especially if we realize that circumstances made us appear guilty. I watched the clip. If there had been no injury, there would be no discussion, as I have seen far worse with little mention of it 5 minutes afterward. All I'm saying is that I don't feel good about the moderators allowing a kid to be roasted for an incident that's not clearly with an intent to cause permanent damage to another, because that's been inferred. I'm a grown man...if you disagree with that, let me have it, I will willingly disagree with you in a peaceful manner...the player thankfully not named doesn't deserve to be subjected to it.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Thanks to Hevy’s other account for showing me the irony.

Do you care to prove that slandering accusation, or do you just write off people that don’t have the same perception as you? I PROMISE this is not “Hevy,” and I’m sure you could talk to the moderators about this. Keep talking and revealing everything. 

52 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Man voice of reason and setting the record straight by Envoy. Any one else want get on here and be right?

I’d rather try my hardest to be on the side of truth and get mocked by the negative crowd, as opposed to just going along to get along. That’s the easy way out. We both have to answer some day for what we stand up for, and I sincerely hope you know what happens to deceived people on that day. Don’t be so cocksure you’re on the “right” side because you along with the opinion of “the crowd,” buddy.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I do not necessarily disagree (nor agree) with what's been posted from either viewpoint, and the only thing that makes me uncomfortable is the insensitivity toward a minor, who was merely playing a game. If it was intentional, it was clearly a "heat of the moment" type thing and not a conscious effort that was preplanned. All the guff in the world won't change the injury, but could cause a potentially innocent kid some serious issues with guilt and/or depression. I doubt if there's one of us adults on here that at some point has not ever been accused of something that we had no part of, and that's a bad feeling, especially if we realize that circumstances made us appear guilty. I watched the clip. If there had been no injury, there would be no discussion, as I have seen far worse with little mention of it 5 minutes afterward. All I'm saying is that I don't feel good about the moderators allowing a kid to be roasted for an incident that's not clearly with an intent to cause permanent damage to another, because that's been inferred. I'm a grown man...if you disagree with that, let me have it, I will willingly disagree with you in a peaceful manner...the player thankfully not named doesn't deserve to be subjected to it.

I completely understand, but I’m just supporting Hevy’s prerogative to absolutely not have any place for career ending tactics. He believes that kid did in fact do that, so he should set the precedent by speaking out against it. His response, as well as the injured player’s response, are both warranted, IMO.  

• CoachT locked this topic