South-Doyle vs Bearden

bisonpride1

1 hour ago, Orion7 said:

Lots of talk about coaching in this thread. I've always leaned more toward the high school game being more about the Jimmies and Joe's than X's and O's. Thoughts??? :popcorneater:

love the thought oreo. high school friday nights some of my favorite time of year. Ill be watching my bears play indians but would love to see how the cherokees fare aginst the boys from west knox. for my bears will take them on head to head on thursday for packmans rivalry game. big big believer in jimmies and joes over coach high school football man i just love it. Ill be getting a hot dog from SC rotc at the game. they run the concession astand. cant wait!!!

On 9/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, OneEyedKing said:

agree. your right if shinliver didnt choose to play up then bearden would be on there way to the state semis vs crocket. doesnt surprise me one bit thoug of the former reb.

Pump the brakes there one eye. Where does 2063=5A. Liverman playing up. Some one tell you Hillary going to win in 2020. Crocket in State semis. Hope your not planning a trip to Cherokee. NC that is.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, RebelAtHeart said:

I agree SD should dominate their district - other than the Central game - but what they do against a tough, well-coached Bearden team will tell if they have a shot to get past the likes of OR, Fulton, or Catholic in the playoffs. 

I agree with this 100%. Even more so than usual, 5A is stacked with a lot of pretty even teams in the Knoxville area. I feel like in recent years, 5A is always the class with the most parity and the most teams that are capable of making a run. This year, since they’re so young, I might be inclined to bet on those other three once November gets here. However, SD has a chance...and next year, I’d say they should be favored 

23 hours ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Bite your tongue Region, for one you're not even comparing apples to apples. For two those athletes are hurting just like Griswild mentioned. For three even if they were 100% without comparing their 'overrated' level to Bearden's, SD is not as good as advertised. Jesse Smitty saying they have DI athletes on their team on PrepSports tonight had me rolling. Smitty needs to quit overhyping mediocre talent and maybe PrepXtra will give him a job snagging coffee again. If any of you all want to talk some ball I'll be at this game Friday in the North Endzone side by the Chick Fil A tent. 

I'm not saying that SD is a world-beater (not this year, at least)...I just think that the Bearden hype is a little premature. I haven't been overly impressed with them in the past few years under the current regime. Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year

• Like 2

Alright fellow T dwellers Matches is back with his final prediction on this matchup. I woke up this morning got a sugar off my wife and got my first whiff of Friday football air and then it all made sense. SD hasn't beat anyone yet this season that has a won a game! Bearden has beaten three. This is going to be a bold prediction but I think the Lord smiles on the Dawgs tonight not only do they win but they do it 35 - 0. I'll hang up and listen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AllRegion said:

I'm not saying that SD is a world-beater (not this year, at least)...I just think that the Bearden hype is a little premature. I haven't been overly impressed with them in the past few years under the current regime. Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year

Bearden and Farragut are always overrated. SD has three top end athletes, but may not have the quantity of athletes or overall depth to deal with above average 6A teams.

Be interesting to see.

1 hour ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Alright fellow T dwellers Matches is back with his final prediction on this matchup. I woke up this morning got a sugar off my wife and got my first whiff of Friday football air and then it all made sense. SD hasn't beat anyone yet this season that has a won a game! Bearden has beaten three. This is going to be a bold prediction but I think the Lord smiles on the Dawgs tonight not only do they win but they do it 35 - 0. I'll hang up and listen.

Mr. Malone Jr. - I diss agree. If I did not know any better - I wood say u started drinking early to think that Coach Rust Partin's offense will'nt score.

17 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Pump the brakes there one eye. Where does 2063=5A. Liverman playing up. Some one tell you Hillary going to win in 2020. Crocket in State semis. Hope your not planning a trip to Cherokee. NC that is.

Hold your horses their smalltime I’m just going buy what the standard banner reported by numbers. hve you seen cricket play this year I didjnt think so!im not going to cherokee becuase im not a gamblin man myself. I wouldnt vote for that crook ofa politisian if I hit the lottery all in all im going with the dawgs in this one just tomuch coaching and to much speed and to much hit ya in the mouth from shinliver and company.

• Like 1