Mt. Juliet (3-0) at Gallatin (1-2)

steelcityroller

1 hour ago, MtJulietVol said:

43-3 Mt. Juliet nearing the end of the third quarter. 

Mt. Juliet opened up the offense, showed some shotgun looks and ran away from Gallatin tonight. Other than one bust in coverage early, the MJ defense has smothered Gallatin. Golden Bears looked like a completely different team from a week ago.

Yeah and Gallatin helped you out by being very generous.  Every time Mt Juliet did something to help Gallatin, the Wave returned the favor.  That was the most turnovers since the Page game last year.  Mt Juliet has a nice team with good speed and a tenacious defense.  I do not know why they were trying to run wide so much when they were getting decent yardage up the middle.  At least on the second play they went over the 50 yard mark. Good win Mt Juliet.  That game with Hendersonville will be something.  

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Coach William's Coached Gallatin team once again looking like swiss cheese. How much more needs to be seen? Nice guy, but I'm a fan of the Green Wave, not any particular person.

Be careful thegreatone36.  You are going to tear an ACL jumping on and off the bandwagon.  Prediction now, Wave still win the region with either a 6-4 or 7-3 record.  Only tough games left are Beech and Hendersonville and I think you have a good chance of winning both.

13 minutes ago, eers said:

Might be more jimmys and joes than Xs and Os. 

Talked to a Station Camp supporter yesterday and he says Gallatin’s problem is of the 2 middle schools that feed them one is pretty good and the other has won like 2 games in the last 5 years.  He says Beech, Hendersonville, and Station Camp are getting better talent from their feeder schools. Don’t know a lot about the county but if you are getting lesser talent difficult to overcome that. 

8 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Be careful thegreatone36.  You are going to tear an ACL jumping on and off the bandwagon.  Prediction now, Wave still win the region with either a 6-4 or 7-3 record.  Only tough games left are Beech and Hendersonville and I think you have a good chance of winning both.

The Beech/Gallatin game will be interesting. I don’t think Gallatin can compete with Hendersonville if they play like they did against Beech tonight. 

2 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Talked to a Station Camp supporter yesterday and he says Gallatin’s problem is of the 2 middle schools that feed them one is pretty good and the other has won like 2 games in the last 5 years.  He says Beech, Hendersonville, and Station Camp are getting better talent from their feeder schools. Don’t know a lot about the county but if you are getting lesser talent difficult to overcome that. 

I see this in Wilson County as well. You can almost go back and see how teams fared in Jr. High to see how well those teams will be in high school. There are always variables but for the most part its pretty accurate.

Which is why I've been saying that Lebanon will probably have a drop off after this year. And Wilson Central is in trouble for some time unless something changes....

8 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

They may have a good chance against Beech. But I doubt it against Hendersonville. Who beat the brakes off of Beech, Station Camp and Centennial the last 3 weeks. And made a somewhat competitive game against a Blackman team that is absolutely loaded. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

That’s partially true, only one feeder is good. The flip side of that is that Station Camp is getting less talent in the future with the way the zoning has changed. I don’t see Station Camp winning more than 5 games in the foreseeable future, and that may be a stretch in most years. Gallatin and Beech will benefit from it. 

41 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Well this senior group was 7-2 as Freshmen.  Beat Riverdale in a bowl game.  

37 minutes ago, eers said:

That’s partially true, only one feeder is good. The flip side of that is that Station Camp is getting less talent in the future with the way the zoning has changed. I don’t see Station Camp winning more than 5 games in the foreseeable future, and that may be a stretch in most years. Gallatin and Beech will benefit from it. 

Absolutely true.  Not too mention another high school will be built in 5 years to download SC.  

8 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

What bandwagon? I haven't felt confident they were going to win any of the games they have played in after watching preseason. I dont think the Jimmys and Joes are that big of a problem. Not huge across the line like they used to always be, but to get beat that bad in your own backyard is not pretty. I knew MJ had the better team this year, but myself and many others would've liked to seen more fight from the team. They always seem so flat in big games. I will pull for this team every game, and congratulate them after a win.

I think the coaching should be measured how you fare against the 3 biggest games on the schedule (Hendersonville, MJ, Beech) And he doesn't have a winning record against any. (& 0-6 vs Beech) The quality names of people who wanted this job before it changed hands in 2012 would be far fewer today however. Hoping they can go undefeated in region play this year and win it.  It's a darn good thing this isn't the old 9AAA. But man I do miss it.

25 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

What bandwagon? I haven't felt confident they were going to win any of the games they have played in after watching preseason. I dont think the Jimmys and Joes are that big of a problem. Not huge across the line like they used to always be, but to get beat that bad in your own backyard is not pretty. I knew MJ had the better team this year, but myself and many others would've liked to seen more fight from the team. They always seem so flat in big games. I will pull for this team every game, and congratulate them after a win.

I think the coaching should be measured how you fare against the 3 biggest games on the schedule (Hendersonville, MJ, Beech) And he doesn't have a winning record against any. (& 0-6 vs Beech) The quality names of people who wanted this job before it changed hands in 2012 would be far fewer today however. Hoping they can go undefeated in region play this year and win it.  It's a darn good thing this isn't the old 9AAA. But man I do miss it.

So pretty much hoping they beat Beech.