Milan @ Covington Week 5

fanoffootball2013

Milan’s offense is no longer 1 dimensional. Averaging almost 45pts per game. However defense is not holding its own. Several mistakes last week against North Side can be attributed to having an extremely young team. Starting a lot of sophomores and juniors. We have the talent to give anyone fits. Just need to clean up the mistakes. Covington has to be a big favorite. But if Milan can play mistake free this game could be interesting. 

8 hours ago, lincoln said:

Milan's offense is better no doubt but come on 45pts per game...... not against good competition.  They didn't score 45 against Peabody or Northside did they?? And they will not score that this Friday at Covington.    Milan does have a few young players but have plenty of people that played last year on the field.    Being Young is always a great excuse when you lose.  I expect Milan to move the ball on the Chargers because their skill players are really good but I also expect the Charger offense to continue to dominate.  The Chargers take this one at home but it will be closer than some think.  Go Chargers!

Why so defense?  You come off almost mad. I stated nothing but facts. Yes they average 45pts per game. No they didn’t score that in their loses but that’s why I said average. And yes they are young. There are some that played last year but the majority of starters did not. Again why so angry??  I even predicted Covington to win. What else do you want?

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I believe that the names of the schools say it all. Covington vs Milan is always a hard-fought contest. I remember the Michael Grandberry vs. Rod Smith game. That was an epic game won by Milan at Covington, as I recall. Can anybody pinpoint the year when they were both seniors? That's when this game occurred.

Rod Smith was a senior in the fall of ‘03. He was a legend in Milan. 

Saw a little film on Milan and it looked like they were passing the ball a lot more than past years. I’m expecting a close game for sure . I’m pretty sure this game will decide who gets home field in the playoffs and the winner of that game should get Pearl-Cohn.

#7 for Covington’s is a special player if gets a little room he’ll take it to the house.

10 hours ago, bglass said:

Saw a little film on Milan and it looked like they were passing the ball a lot more than past years. I’m expecting a close game for sure . I’m pretty sure this game will decide who gets home field in the playoffs and the winner of that game should get Pearl-Cohn.

#7 for Covington’s is a special player if gets a little room he’ll take it to the house.

#7 for Covington is Marcus Hayes. He's just a 10th grader, but his play is electrifying. I haven't seen a running back for the Chargers with that kind of speed in a long while. He is definitely a threat to score any time the ball is in his hands. And, as a two-way player, he'll deliver a pretty good lick on D as well. Hayes is a big surprise as far as I am concerned. I had not heard of him until he made some spectacular plays a couple of games ago.

11 hours ago, bglass said:

Yep offense is definitely not the same ole same ole people are used to from Milan. If we could only get the defense together. 

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

#7 for Covington is Marcus Hayes. He's just a 10th grader, but his play is electrifying. I haven't seen a running back for the Chargers with that kind of speed in a long while. He is definitely a threat to score any time the ball is in his hands. And, as a two-way player, he'll deliver a pretty good lick on D as well. Hayes is a big surprise as far as I am concerned. I had not heard of him until he made some spectacular plays a couple of games ago.

Carlos Williams???