Oak Ridge travels to defensive minded Knoxville West

WillieTheWildcats

13 hours ago, bounder said:

The Cricket used to be the place to go to camp with the kids . Then go fishing, catch a catfish or two and have them cook them and then enjoy! 

Caught my first fish there.. Several of my nieces and nephews did too. Great memories.

13 hours ago, bounder said:

The Cricket used to be the place to go to camp with the kids . Then go fishing, catch a catfish or two and have them cook them and then enjoy! 

11 hours ago, PassiveAggressive said:

HEY WILDCATWILLIE MAN DID YOU SEE TEE HIGGINS LAST SATURDAY NIGHT?? HE GONNA BE SOMETHING SPECIAL IF HE STAYS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO PLAY ON SUNDAY!

#LOP 

You know I saw it and after the game went on You Tube and watched it over and over and over for days. Made my wife watch it several times as well. 

Good luck to the Owls this week.

Great defense of West vs an Oak Ridge offense that needs to find that next level.Should be great game.Oak Ridge continues to live off huge turnovers.I worry if we don't force any that we could be in trouble.Only other way to get the win is a big play from JG.It seems when JG don't have a big TD run we lose.We gotta be able to put some drives together and not depend so much on a big play.Also got to get better on short yardage downs.Gotta quit running these slowing developing plays.Can we not put in a few plays where QB gets under center.I see countless high school teams run the wildcat with their best player and have success when nothing else works.Would love to see Mitchell go straight ahead on a 3rd and 1.By the way number 3 Johnson had a break out game last week.Hoping he will be another weapon we can depend come playoff time.RWR

• Like 1

Don't be fooled by Karns and Halls games with West.  West O will struggle all night to move the ball against a fast and aggressive OR defense.  If OR offense is clicking this could get ugly.  West is tough at home and certainly has a pretty stout defense... but I think the superior coaching at OR wins the chess match.  Misdirection and counters will likely give OR some big plays.  OR's #13 better stay aware of West's #10 coming off the edge all night - he is a headhunter and will light you up!

OR 31  WHS 7

5 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Don't be fooled by Karns and Halls games with West.  West O will struggle all night to move the ball against a fast and aggressive OR defense.  If OR offense is clicking this could get ugly.  West is tough at home and certainly has a pretty stout defense... but I think the superior coaching at OR wins the chess match.  Misdirection and counters will likely give OR some big plays.  OR's #13 better stay aware of West's #10 coming off the edge all night - he is a headhunter and will light you up!

OR 31  WHS 7

I don't see West giving up more than 17-21 points? But, I don't see West scoring more than 10-14 tops.

Turnovers and special teams may be the difference in this one.  West has the advantage in the kicking game, but OR is dangerous on returns.  May be alot of punts, but not many kick offs.  I'm starting to think first team to 14 may win this thing.  Gonna be a great game.  First time ever for Oak Ridge to play at West.  School opened in 1951.  

29 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Turnovers and special teams may be the difference in this one.  West has the advantage in the kicking game, but OR is dangerous on returns.  May be alot of punts, but not many kick offs.  I'm starting to think first team to 14 may win this thing.  Gonna be a great game.  First time ever for Oak Ridge to play at West.  School opened in 1951.  

I have seen OR vs West scrimmages there and a lot of 7 on 7 Passing games there. Of course that was 25 years ago. If the stadium is the same the Visitors side is small and the home side is just a little bigger.

RWR! I am going against the grain and pick Oak Ridge to win 34 - 7.

27 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I have seen OR vs West scrimmages there and a lot of 7 on 7 Passing games there. Of course that was 25 years ago. If the stadium is the same the Visitors side is small and the home side is just a little bigger.

RWR! I am going against the grain and pick Oak Ridge to win 34 - 7.

I have never heard of and OR v West scrimmage at West.  I did see them come to Ben Martin Field.  But the venue at West has come a long way.  Huge stands home and visitors. New turf.  It's gonna be a great atmosphere.