Oak Ridge travels to defensive minded Knoxville West

WillieTheWildcats

I hope #3 for West is okay.  Great kid.  That was a slugfest.  There's going to be some sore young men tomorrow.  Hats off to both teams for the tremendous effort.  Great atmosphere.  That was like a playoff game in week 5.  Probably going to see those guys again. Can't believe we are half way through the season. 

Edited by oridgecat

2 hours ago, GaddisTossSweep said:

Wow, what a game and what a comeback. How West with that defense and the overall athletic ability they have are 2-3 now, I'll never know. That defense is fast and aggressive, but we eventually wore it down. For us to put 300+ rushing yards on THAT defense is saying something. I thought when we went down 14-0 that it was over. I honestly didn't think that we would win after that. But then Graham right before the half breaks a 70 yarder down the sideline. He looked like a cannonball being shot out of a cannon. Dang that boy can fly. 

West regathered themselves and went up 21-10, and our guys looked done, and I was feeling down. Again, I thought we were beaten, I really did, but we continued to pound Jordan (Best game I have ever seen him have against a very good defense by the way) and we found something up the middle on the QB draw with Booker and both of those guys won us the game, along with the OL. So proud of our guys tonight. That was just a dang good, hard hitting smashmouth football game. To come out of that game the winner, on their field, and get 300+ rushing yards on that defense is a testament to the character our guys have. Proud to be a Wildcats tonight, boys!

I’m proud too! That was my favorite game in years!  I hated the first half except for Graham’s run but I LOVED the 4th quarter! We wore them down and by the end West looked battered but boy are the tough! Wonder what Gaddis said at halftime? They looked like a different team in the second half. RWR!!!!

47 minutes ago, ORcats said:

They came out flat, for sure.  I also thought they were going to lose, but that just made the win that much sweeter.  Way to go, Wildcats!

This is a game I am glad I did not attend in person. Everybody is talking about how it looked like the Cats were going to loose. I'm sure if I had been there I would have been worried to death. Instead, I listened to PrepRadio.com and David Clarey did a great job of keeping calm as he did the game. At no point did I get worried or freak out like I did watching the Farragut game. Thanks David.

I am so happy for # 8. He has had some great moments and some down times due to injuries. To see him healthy and being able to enjoy all his hard work is wonderful.

Lets RWR!.

• Like 1

Huge win.If u told me we would give them 14 pts off 2 blocked punts I would've thought for sure we would lose.Defense was great only giving up around 160 total yds.And without by far our best Dlineman and another great player on D.That 4th qtr offense looked so fast and what I loved the most was how physical we looked.It was like a diff team the last 8 min.Never heard the other teams fans chanting I believe we just won and then lose.Thats how bad it was looking for the Cats.Amazing job by everybody that last 8 min and by JG the whole game.JG put the team on his back and never quit.Good to see them follow his lead.RWR