Davidson Academy @ Waverly

Tigers6056

Was a very tough and another close game with way too many points on the board. The defense actually looked really good the first half compared to the rest of the season. Especially since DA is a really balanced offense. 2nd half was a different story. Waverly gave up way too many stupid penalties and too many 3rd and shorts. After tonight's game though I'm actually more comfortable about regional play and forward. I don't see any regional teams scoring more than 20 on us and I dont believe there will be any able to stop the tiger offense.

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Holy cow what a shoot out. I don’t know much about D2, so I won’t speak on DA, but if Waverly doesn’t fix their defense they are not gonna be finding success come post season time

1 hour ago, BustedCoverage said:

Same story with Waverly. No D. 

The boys played good tonight say what you want to. DA running back is like an oak tree the kid is a player big and fast and hits HARD! Goodpasture is going to have their hands full better be able to put some points up. We had our chances tonight but to many stupid mistakes. Congrats to DA good game! 

4 minutes ago, Safesquezze said:

I was at the game and I can say DA didn’t look very good on defense they were always out of position. Waverly same ole story one of the worst defenses in the state, very poorly coached. IMO they finish 2nd in the region and will be one and done in playoffs. 

You can say what you want about the Defense not here to argue that but 45 was flat bulldozen folks. Talk all you want but waverlys offense is the real deal! 

Way to hang in there Tigers.

Don't worry about the naysayers. Your defense will improve and the scary thing is so will your offense. People can trash the D til the cows come home but the fact remains. You're going to have to score on every drive to be able to keep up with Waverly's offense. That's not conventional and wouldn't be MY preference but it is what it is. Ain't but just a handful of 2a teams that can do that. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Safesquezze said:

I was at the game and I can say DA didn’t look very good on defense they were always out of position. Waverly same ole story one of the worst defenses in the state, very poorly coached. IMO they finish 2nd in the region and will be one and done in playoffs. 

Who do you have winning the region? 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

The boys played good tonight say what you want to. DA running back is like an oak tree the kid is a player big and fast and hits HARD! Goodpasture is going to have their hands full better be able to put some points up. We had our chances tonight but to many stupid mistakes. Congrats to DA good game! 

Ive heard nothing but great things about the RB.  Hopefully my Cougars can keep it close to the 4th quarter next week.  

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

Way to hang in there Tigers.

Don't worry about the naysayers. Your defense will improve and the scary thing is so will your offense. People can trash the D til the cows come home but the fact remains. You're going to have to score on every drive to be able to keep up with Waverly's offense. That's not conventional and wouldn't be MY preference but it is what it is. Ain't but just a handful of 2a teams that can do that. 

The only 2A teams that can truly can keep up with them are CA, Peabody, maybe Union City and maybe Meigs

12 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

The only 2A teams that can truly can keep up with them are CA, Peabody, maybe Union City and maybe Meigs

CA and UC will not be able to keep up. It is what it is. Waverlys run defense was pretty decent last night. Better be able to throw the ball! We probably will not face another offense like we did last night until the 3rd round. For the people that think they can over look us because our defense is going to be eating lots of crow! Waverly has faced Huntingdon Fairveiw and now DA how many 2a teams really think they can hang with those teams? Im all ears fellas!!!!! 

8 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

CA and UC will not be able to keep up. It is what it is. Waverlys run defense was pretty decent last night. Better be able to throw the ball! We probably will not face another offense like we did last night until the 3rd round. For the people that think they can over look us because our defense is going to be eating lots of crow! Waverly has faced Huntingdon Fairveiw and now DA how many 2a teams really think they can hang with those teams? Im all ears fellas!!!!! 

Saying we can’t hang is a mistake vandy and you know t! Remember last year? We’re better than then