Davidson Academy @ Waverly

Tigers6056

9 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

I’m not a fan of either.  I have a relative at Goodpasture and they play DA next week.  I’m looking forward to seeing DA up close.  

Which game you going to? Waverly or Goodpasture? 

Also I will say this and I mean no disrespect but if Peabody is comparable to DA then everybody is in lots of trouble! I will be able to answer that question soon enough. 

Edited by vandyfan1

Anxious to see how Waverly does against DA tonight. I know everyone talks about how dangerous DA is. I agree they are a great team. They have some D1 commits. 

I think this will be a tough one to win for Waverly, especially after the last 2 losses. To be honest I just don’t think Waverly has played their best potential yet. 

I know it’s easy to be threatened when you hear of a team with several D1 commits but honestly I’m pretty sure Waverly skill players stat wise destroy any skill players stats for DA. 

It may be that Waverly doesn’t play the competition that DA plays, or “in my opinion” that DA is a large school with a big background and their players get more looks than little ole Waverly.

Id put our offense against any in the state. I don’t think Waverly will have trouble scoring, I think, like stated before that to win this game it’s gotta be about the D and getting some stops. 

I expect improvement of the Waverly team this week, compared to the last 2 weeks. We shall see tonight. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries. 

Looking at DA’s schedule... their opponents are all 2-2. Not really impressed with their strength of schedule when you look at their opponents schedules. FRA was their closest game, where FRA scored 20 against them, DA scored 40. Looking at FRA they barely beat a winless Lipscomb Acadamy who has lost to Columbia Academy 10-16 and FRA lost to South Gibson 14-20 who Waverly destroyed in a scrimmage during pre season. Looking at the strength of schedules and their opponents, I believe Waverly has a chance. I’m going to say that this will be a high scoring shoot out.

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Which game you going to? Waverly or Goodpasture? 

Also I will say this and I mean no disrespect but if Peabody is comparable to DA then everybody is in lots of trouble! I will be able to answer that question soon enough. 

Vandyfan1 I’m going to the Goodpasture game next week.  I wouldn’t say both are completely comparable but certainly similar in their style of play, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  Can’t wait to hear about Waverly’s Pass attack versus DAs secondary.  If Waverly wins I think Goodpasture has a shot next week.  

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Looking at DA’s schedule... their opponents are all 2-2. Not really impressed with their strength of schedule when you look at their opponents schedules. FRA was their closest game, where FRA scored 20 against them, DA scored 40. Looking at FRA they barely beat a winless Lipscomb Acadamy who has lost to Columbia Academy 10-16 and FRA lost to South Gibson 14-20 who Waverly destroyed in a scrimmage during pre season. Looking at the strength of schedules and their opponents, I believe Waverly has a chance. I’m going to say that this will be a high scoring shoot out.

Trollin Lipscomb’s is actually much improved despite the winless record.  Each game was close to the end with exception of PJ2 where they lost by 10.  CA beating Lipscomb 16-10 was not impressive given CA’s talent.  

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Anxious to see how Waverly does against DA tonight. I know everyone talks about how dangerous DA is. I agree they are a great team. They have some D1 commits. 

I think this will be a tough one to win for Waverly, especially after the last 2 losses. To be honest I just don’t think Waverly has played their best potential yet. 

I know it’s easy to be threatened when you hear of a team with several D1 commits but honestly I’m pretty sure Waverly skill players stat wise destroy any skill players stats for DA. 

It may be that Waverly doesn’t play the competition that DA plays, or “in my opinion” that DA is a large school with a big background and their players get more looks than little ole Waverly.

Id put our offense against any in the state. I don’t think Waverly will have trouble scoring, I think, like stated before that to win this game it’s gotta be about the D and getting some stops. 

I expect improvement of the Waverly team this week, compared to the last 2 weeks. We shall see tonight. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries. 

Good post Trollin.  You are probably spot on with a lot of your statements.  I think DA will be humbled tonight—win or lose.