Wk5: Greenfield hosts Dresden

HevyReturns

Greenfield Yellowjackets region record is 1-0, and they are in 2nd place in Region 7, behind 1st place West Carroll who beat Dresden this past week, making the Lions fall to 3rd place. The Yellowjackets & Lions are intercounty rivals, and always get motivated to play each other. Will the shock of Dresden's loss motivate Greenfield to believe they can also beat the Lions, just as the War Eagles did? Will their home field advantage help them beat Dresden, too? Will the Lions still be reeling and stunned from last games loss? Or will it put a fire in their gut and chip on their shoulder to not let it happen again? Who will rise up and defeat the other team this week? ... [This last game that Dresden lost once again proved, it's not just a saying, but it all is solid truth, namely: Any team can beat any other team in any given game! There are no guaranteed results, and anything can happen in sports (& life itself!). Always prepare & practice knowing you had better bring your A-game on every play, every time. Never overestimate yourselves nor underestimate your opponents. And never try quitting, & never quit trying! It's not over until that final whistle! Give it your all, always!]. Just another reason to love this game of football! 

Other comments on Yellowjackets vs Lions? Ideas? Input?

20 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Greenfield Yellowjackets region record is 1-0, and they are in 2nd place in Region 7, behind 1st place West Carroll who beat Dresden this past week, making the Lions fall to 3rd place. The Yellowjackets & Lions are intercounty rivals, and always get motivated to play each other. Will the shock of Dresden's loss motivate Greenfield to believe they can also beat the Lions, just as the War Eagles did? Will their home field advantage help them beat Dresden, too? Will the Lions still be reeling and stunned from last games loss? Or will it put a fire in their gut and chip on their shoulder to not let it happen again? Who will rise up and defeat the other team this week? ... [This last game that Dresden lost once again proved, it's not just a saying, but it all is solid truth, namely: Any team can beat any other team in any given game! There are no guaranteed results, and anything can happen in sports (& life itself!). Always prepare & practice knowing you had better bring your A-game on every play, every time. Never overestimate yourselves nor underestimate your opponents. And never try quitting, & never quit trying! It's not over until that final whistle! Give it your all, always!]. Just another reason to love this game of football! 

Is Yates playing ? 

21 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Laughing...... Dresden wins big regardless of who is playing or not.

I think Yates will prob be OK for game but coach may wisely let him sit one more week to be extra healed up. Zach Crawford wasn't no slouch out there as backup QB, doing good in fact, and several guys can take direct snap from pistol formation too. Dresden may have more depth than folk realize, and I think our coaches does wise things like have guys be adept at several positions and play almost anywhere. Cross-training & multi-position experience would especially help all 1A teams. However they do it, our coaches will have our Lions ready for the game... and the mental preparation is another HUGE key in my estimation, but that mainly comes from these young men. And only time will tell if they embrace the truth & need & urgency of getting their mindset, assumptions, beliefs, and determination in top shape just like they do their bodies & knowing plays. Dresden will be fine, and will no doubt come back tougher & stronger & faster & smarter & better than ever. The sleeping beast has been awoken. It won't surprise me if Dresden goes on a terror from here on out.  

GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY, EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WAY!