Wk5: Greenfield hosts Dresden

HevyReturns

I was wrong again. Glad of it too. It's not a "forever" injury, it's just Yates HS senior year that won't include his beloved sports. Healing, therapy, & rehab awaits him instead, and no doubt he'll reach his goals of playing in college. And all this will inspire his teammates to do great things this year as well.  Betcha! GOOOO LIONS!

As an FYI, in the near future, there is going to be an Alumni-Game with Dresden playing Gleason alumni (& the Greenfield alumni too I think). These games are really fun to watch. Probably more fun to play in. Did you play for any of these teams back in the day? .. Here's your chance to put pads & cleats on again, strap 'em up tight, and play once again. And, for  full disclosure, lol, Dresden lost last year to Greenfield, and to Westview before that. Methinks Lions are due a win in these alumni games. Search for it on internet & on facebook it's Small Town Showdown. On Sat. Nov. 5th @ 5pm. At Gleason I think. 

• Like 1

**Long Post Warning** :-D (only those who enjoy reading & engaging their brains need to proceed) :-D >>>Friday Night Lights time!!!<<< Dresden should have a new attitude tonight! No more under-estimating other teams nor assuming this is an automatic win. For this one game, KNOW that records don't count, W-L history of prior, rivalry games don't matter, and the physical size & number of players a team has don't matter!! *ANY* team can beat any other team on any given game!!!! (If our Lions haven't learned this yet, we are in trouble!!). This is especially true of Greenfield Yellowjackets who are super hungry to beat the Lions, their same-county neighbors, and now they have an example which will inspire them with, 'If that team did it, we can too!' And dont be fooled, they can win, and they will win if Dresden doesn't have the right attitude, and stop penalizing ourselves. No trash talk. No cursing. No 'threatening' other team. No 'showboating'. No doing anything that's undisciplined. Be flawless. Be a well-oiled machine. Be precise & exact in executing that one play, giving an 110%+ effort every time. Play like the state championship is hanging on succeeding in that one play. Getting the yardage on offense, or shutting them down on defense. Let the scoreboard be your "words", those numbers up there do your talking. Respect the other team & players, for they love this same game & are out there trying their best to win. And they ARE capable of beating you, any team is, but don't fear them. Overcome all mistakes, have a short memory of bad plays, and keep going all-out, all-the-time. Always be encouraging your teammates, always speaking helpful & uplifting things. Even when on sidelines, be cheering & pulling for them. You players not on the field.. PAY ATTENTION to the game. Be involved, watch the play & what your position is doing, and BE READY to go in the game at any moment. Sickness, bad cramps, bumps & bruises, or anything can happen to a teammate and then you get called on. BE READY! BE CHEERING ON & CHATTING UP PLAYERS ON FIELD!... And LIONS.. play with pride, confidence, belief, and a "never say die" & "anything's possible" mindset! Be sportsmanlike to other team players, help up the pile, even  saying "good try", "nice play", "almost had it", "you got me on that one", & such things. Have fun out there. Ever see on TV the NFL show called "Mic'd Up"? Or on YouTube? Find Brett Fayre mic'd up... and be like that. Have his attitude. :-D Honestly, you benefit more & get better at a faster pace if your opponent is a good, competitive, capable team. The harder the whetstone rock is, the more sharp your knife will be! The heavier your weight resistance gets, the stronger you become!... Well, I should finish, I got past being an encouraging fan and morphed into coaching. Ha. But it all IS TRUE! (Maybe several players will see this & be helped & motivated by it.). 

GO LIONS!!! #1 ALL THE WAY, EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WAY! 

27 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

**Long Post Warning** :-D (only those who enjoy reading & engaging their brains need to proceed) :-D >>>Friday Night Lights time!!!<<< Dresden should have a new attitude tonight! No more under-estimating other teams nor assuming this is an automatic win. For this one game, KNOW that records don't count, W-L history of prior, rivalry games don't matter, and the physical size & number of players a team has don't matter!! *ANY* team can beat any other team on any given game!!!! (If our Lions haven't learned this yet, we are in trouble!!). This is especially true of Greenfield Yellowjackets who are super hungry to beat the Lions, their same-county neighbors, and now they have an example which will inspire them with, 'If that team did it, we can too!' And dont be fooled, they can win, and they will win if Dresden doesn't have the right attitude, and stop penalizing ourselves. No trash talk. No cursing. No 'threatening' other team. No 'showboating'. No doing anything that's undisciplined. Be flawless. Be a well-oiled machine. Be precise & exact in executing that one play, giving an 110%+ effort every time. Play like the state championship is hanging on succeeding in that one play. Getting the yardage on offense, or shutting them down on defense. Let the scoreboard be your "words", those numbers up there do your talking. Respect the other team & players, for they love this same game & are out there trying their best to win. And they ARE capable of beating you, any team is, but don't fear them. Overcome all mistakes, have a short memory of bad plays, and keep going all-out, all-the-time. Always be encouraging your teammates, always speaking helpful & uplifting things. Even when on sidelines, be cheering & pulling for them. You players not on the field.. PAY ATTENTION to the game. Be involved, watch the play & what your position is doing, and BE READY to go in the game at any moment. Sickness, bad cramps, bumps & bruises, or anything can happen to a teammate and then you get called on. BE READY! BE CHEERING ON & CHATTING UP PLAYERS ON FIELD!... And LIONS.. play with pride, confidence, belief, and a "never say die" & "anything's possible" mindset! Be sportsmanlike to other team players, help up the pile, even  saying "good try", "nice play", "almost had it", "you got me on that one", & such things. Have fun out there. Ever see on TV the NFL show called "Mic'd Up"? Or on YouTube? Find Brett Fayre mic'd up... and be like that. Have his attitude. :-D Honestly, you benefit more & get better at a faster pace if your opponent is a good, competitive, capable team. The harder the whetstone rock is, the more sharp your knife will be! The heavier your weight resistance gets, the stronger you become!... Well, I should finish, I got past being an encouraging fan and morphed into coaching. Ha. But it all IS TRUE! (Maybe several players will see this & be helped & motivated by it.). 

GO LIONS!!! #1 ALL THE WAY, EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WAY! 

No truer words could be spoke!

Well well. I LOVE Dresden Lions, and our guys were just going through movements. Lethargic. Seemed Uncaring. Greenville came out pumped, excited, fired up! They stop Lions 4x in red zone, we turnover on downs back to Jackets. Was a quick 20-0 before Lions warmed up. We score 2x real quick, they scored again before half. It 27-13 Yellow jackets at half. And sadly, real sad, our team penalized 15x... FIFTEEN FRICKING TIMES!!!!! To their 1x. Only 1? ... Lions gonna learn one day that they can't even let their sweat drop in wrong place cause refs gonna find a way to throw that flag. Flawless, absolutely flawless play is a MUST... ***IF*** the Lions wanna play in the playoffs & with the "big boys". We'll see what Lions' attitude is next half. I know Yellowjackets are going to be swarming & sky high. Can Lions get fired up and play Dresden football? Dominate on D and be unstoppable on O?... We about to see. GO LIONS... GOOOOOO!

Dude. More of same. 20 penalties against Lions, 3 against them. Hard to watch a good team kill themselves with penalties. And Jackets had 3 interceptions in third. 35-13 after 3. And first play in 4th Greenfield scores. 2pt pat. 42-13 Yellowjackets winning. What a game... too much on my mind to say anything. Keep trying Dresden!