The Haven at North Little Rock

Haven04

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arkansas is a few weeks behind TN. NLR has only played two games.

8/254:00p
Game Details: @ Bentonville, AR
(W) 29 - 28

9/78:30p

Game Details: At Independence Bowl in Shreveport. LA
(W) 35 - 20

Booker T. Washington is a pretty good program out of Tulsa, OK. They would be 5A in TN with  1,323 Students. Evangel would be D-II in TN. This is their home opener.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Zero passing yards. Looks like Da Haven is going to see a lot of rushing this week. Last week was probably a good way to prep for this game. 

Like any high school football game. You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run. Last week, we had our hands full. Let's see if we do better later on today shall we.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, kwc said:

If I am going to go to this game then I'm going to have to hook a ride with somebody. BHS or Havengrad, are either of you two going to drive to the game? I'll fill your tank with gas and pay for your admission. Anybody?

I’m just seeing this post but I wasn’t able to make it either. Been moving all day, just now finishing up. I’ll try to check for updates on twitter.

7 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

46 points given up by the defense? We clearly left the D on the bus back in Da Haven. I'm shocked and appalled with that final. We about gave up half a 100

I talked with dannyq after the game. NLRHS is a different beast altogether. I like the fact that we put up 38 and threw a TD to Josh Exom and two to Mose Frazier.

Also, Bryson didn't play either. 

Still, 46 is a LOT.

Edited by kwc

9 hours ago, kwc said:

I talked with dannyq after the game. NLRHS is a different beast altogether. I like the fact that we put up 38 and threw a TD to Josh Exom and two to Mose Frazier.

Also, Bryson didn't play either. 

Still, 46 is a LOT.

You guys did not play bad - nlr this years beats most teams in tn . I still think whitehaven will get it worked out. Too much talent. Whitehaven has the most talent on the field of anyone in the state

No one else close including Oakland or Brentwood academy or NLR. Have to play better as a team 

That team is the real deal for sure....but this was the problem the ref started dropping flags on us because our band was playing while they had the ball! The problem is they band played while we had the ball and NOOO flags.. every 3rd and short we got flagged for off sides. This old ref couldn't keep up and every big gain we got he shorted us 10 to 15 yds... if yall seen the movie Remember the titans how the refs were cheating then this what happened to us!!! Point blank!!! They made plays, we made plays. Yes they controlled the line most of the game but our kids made another goal line stand and caused a turnover backed up inside the five. It wasn't pretty but the game would have gone either way and we could have won without those cheating refs!!!!  You had to be there to see what was unfolding to understand....all of our fans that were there were appalled!! They started chanting, " you have to cheat us to beat us"...... it was the craziest thing I've witnessed in my life!!!!!!! That game should have come down to the wire like the Lausanne game. Those big strong backs made the difference late being able to break tackles. Again they were a good team but why they needed the refs to cheat the way they did just let know what would have happened if they weren't involved....

On 9/15/2018 at 7:01 PM, coach10ac said:

That team is the real deal for sure....but this was the problem the ref started dropping flags on us because our band was playing while they had the ball! The problem is they band played while we had the ball and NOOO flags.. every 3rd and short we got flagged for off sides. This old ref couldn't keep up and every big gain we got he shorted us 10 to 15 yds... if yall seen the movie Remember the titans how the refs were cheating then this what happened to us!!! Point blank!!! They made plays, we made plays. Yes they controlled the line most of the game but our kids made another goal line stand and caused a turnover backed up inside the five. It wasn't pretty but the game would have gone either way and we could have won without those cheating refs!!!!  You had to be there to see what was unfolding to understand....all of our fans that were there were appalled!! They started chanting, " you have to cheat us to beat us"...... it was the craziest thing I've witnessed in my life!!!!!!! That game should have come down to the wire like the Lausanne game. Those big strong backs made the difference late being able to break tackles. Again they were a good team but why they needed the refs to cheat the way they did just let know what would have happened if they weren't involved....

I hate cheating refs!

zswqs8.gif

Should be 18.

Edited by Red Rebels