AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 10 2018

Southtowner

13 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

It’s hard to think that ever. But sometimes that’s just the case. But we’ve seen that in recent years, especially in 1A. Nashville Christian in 2015 was light years ahead of practically everyone in 1A, even the second best team Wayne County. Union City In 2014 were untouchable. Dresden was almost unstoppable in 2016. Looking farther back, the 2007 South Pittsburg team. I’m not saying Peabody is that far ahead of everyone right now because I have seen hardly anything on them up to this point, but it wouldn’t surprise of me they were. 

Good post and sometimes we won't know until it all plays out then we can look back to analyze how it all played out. 

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Good discussion gentlemen and I appreciate it.  My thoughts are it doesn't matter to me if you give a team such as Sullivan North a top 10 slot.  Those boys have worked hard as well. Played the schedule in front of them. Undefeated.  Bottom line is this: the poll has NO bearing at all on the playoffs.  

+1000

And SOS ain't what some crack it up to be

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Good discussion gentlemen and I appreciate it.  My thoughts are it doesn't matter to me if you give a team such as Sullivan North a top 10 slot.  Those boys have worked hard as well. Played the schedule in front of them. Undefeated.  Bottom line is this: the poll has NO bearing at all on the playoffs.  

Agreed 100%. Teams change throughout the year. Upsets happen. The poll will be completely different come week 10 almost guaranteed, which shows how little it even means to have certain teams ranked where they are now. I think the playoffs this year are going to be special. There’s a lot of talent out west and a lot of talent in the east

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Agreed 100%. Teams change throughout the year. Upsets happen. The poll will be completely different come week 10 almost guaranteed, which shows how little it even means to have certain teams ranked where they are now. I think the playoffs this year are going to be special. There’s a lot of talent out west and a lot of talent in the east

I remember back in 2014 Red Boiling Springs made the AP top 10 in Class 1A.  Great story for a long time struggling program. Every now and again you have to award these kids for what they're doing on the field.

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

It’s hard to think that ever. But sometimes that’s just the case. But we’ve seen that in recent years, especially in 1A. Nashville Christian in 2015 was light years ahead of practically everyone in 1A, even the second best team Wayne County. Union City In 2014 were untouchable. Dresden was almost unstoppable in 2016. Looking farther back, the 2007 South Pittsburg team. I’m not saying Peabody is that far ahead of everyone right now because I have seen hardly anything on them up to this point, but it wouldn’t surprise of me they were. 

I've seen good people get beat but not like Union City did. That's why I think they must or might have taken a step back. Only time will tell. We got killed by Marion in 16 and was a 10-2 team at year end. But we weren't coming off a state championship or ranked 1 either when it happened. But I have witnessed first hand the smackdown of a good team by a great team.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I've seen good people get beat but not like Union City did. That's why I think they must or might have taken a step back. Only time will tell. We got killed by Marion in 16 and was a 10-2 team at year end. But we weren't coming off a state championship or ranked 1 either when it happened. But I have witnessed first hand the smackdown of a good team by a great team.

Not to sound rude or anything but they lost by 20ish points to Mayfield this year. They lost to them last year (their state champ year) 41-0 in the first game of the season 

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Idk how much truth there is to the backing of Peabody being so much ahead of everyone else in 2A, but having said that, purely based on what I have seen, & I have been watching 2A football for many many years, I think they are outright the best & most complete team in 2A right now. & I emphasize the word complete because they are well rounded on all 3 phases of the game. Offense is well balanced & up tempo, defense rallies to the ball & lays some hard licks, & special teams is sound & efficient when need be. Are there other teams that may possibly be better on one side of the ball? Yes, possibly. But where other teams may be expectional on offense, they may lack that on defense i.e. Waverly. So up to this point, I think Peabody is the heavy favorite amongst most people who pay attention to 2A & that know what they are talking about. But to say Peabody is leaps & bounds better than everyone else, I’m not so sure on. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. That’s just my 2 cents though.