GCA at Greenback

orngnblk

2 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

Wow, that last sentence was reeking of sarcasm. Sub par my ram hindquarter!

Beat me to it 41! Who in the world called them subpar? That's ridiculous! I'm not searching for it, but that really doesn't sound like something Sparty would say. He's pretty respectful of the kids.

Y'all know what I think of #23's abilities with his size/HANDS/speed to burn now too. (I watched film....he's been working this off-season!) But, you can't forget the twins either. They can flat out fly, and they've got no quit in them....on the football field or the diamond. Your LBs are all athletes, and your line is much bigger than ours. And, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say your stud rb will be back 100% on Thursday. Having said all of that.....I believe the key to your success is an incredibly athletic and tough QB. He makes the right reads (run/pass,) and he makes everything go. Add a really good kicker, and that pretty much spells a tough row to hoe for our boys.

It was a great win for us last year. If we could somehow pull it off again this year at Cooper Field, it would be an even better win this year. We lost 19 seniors. We should have no shot, right?

13 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Beat me to it 41! Who in the world called them subpar? That's ridiculous! I'm not searching for it, but that really doesn't sound like something Sparty would say. He's pretty respectful of the kids.

Y'all know what I think of #23's abilities with his size/HANDS/speed to burn now too. (I watched film....he's been working this off-season!) But, you can't forget the twins either. They can flat out fly, and they've got no quit in them....on the football field or the diamond. Your LBs are all athletes, and your line is much bigger than ours. And, if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say your stud rb will be back 100% on Thursday. Having said all of that.....I believe the key to your success is an incredibly athletic and tough QB. He makes the right reads (run/pass,) and he makes everything go. Add a really good kicker, and that pretty much spells a tough row to hoe for our boys.

It was a great win for us last year. If we could somehow pull it off again this year at Cooper Field, it would be an even better win this year. We lost 19 seniors. We should have no shot, right?

When do all the transfers become eligible?Playoffs or now?RB will not be back still working hard tho.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

When do all the transfers become eligible?Playoffs or now?RB will not be back still working hard tho.

Believe it or not, I really don't know that answer. I know for sure we just got one back. Pride would know better. I'm more worried about the residual damage from this past Friday. 

I'll believe he isn't playing when I see him on the sidelines in shorts. Having said that, I would hate it for him. He's got another year, right? Good player....I'd hate to see him lose most of his senior year.

1 minute ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Believe it or not, I really don't know that answer. I know for sure we just got one back. Pride would know better. I'm more worried about the residual damage from this past Friday. 

I'll believe he isn't playing when I see him on the sidelines in shorts. Having said that, I would hate it for him. He's got another year, right? Good player....I'd hate to see him lose most of his senior year.

Sr.He wants to bad.We need him later more than we do now.

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Sr.He wants to bad.We need him later more than we do now.

Well, that stinks. I'm sure he does. He's a gamer. I understand. Mine wants to play defense so bad, he can't stand it. But, he's so banged up, going out there at all is a miracle. Getting hit by two or three guys everytime he touches the ball has finally taken its toll. It makes for some incredible action photos for his momma's scrapbook! :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Well, that stinks. I'm sure he does. He's a gamer. I understand. Mine wants to play defense so bad, he can't stand it. But, he's so banged up, going out there at all is a miracle. Getting hit by two or three guys everytime he touches the ball has finally taken its toll. It makes for some incredible action photos for his momma's scrapbook! :rolleyes:

Is he get his athletic ability from you or his father?

Just now, orngnblk said:

Is he get his athletic ability from you or his father?

Now, I'd take offense to that, IF I wasn't incredibly perplexed/jealous about our 6" inseam difference (and his mother is only 5'4"!) I take solace in his toddler picture being a spitting image of mine. I still wonder about that FedEx guy though......gotta watch those delivery drivers.

He gets all his good qualities from his momma....just ask her! Not a chance he could've ever hit the baseball off me though.....as he :roll: every time I tell him that. NO RESPECT!!! :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Now, I'd take offense to that, IF I wasn't incredibly perplexed/jealous about our 6" inseam difference (and his mother is only 5'4"!) I take solace in his toddler picture being a spitting image of mine. I still wonder about that FedEx guy though......gotta watch those delivery drivers.

He gets all his good qualities from his momma....just ask her! Not a chance he could've ever hit the baseball off me though.....as he :roll: every time I tell him that. NO RESPECT!!! :rolleyes:

Your full of crap!:roflol:

We may be battling to the end Thursday night, but all of you on both sides, AND MAYBE OUR ALCOA FRIENDS COULD HELP US TOO, need to click on this link below and vote for GCA v Greenback to be the Titans HS Game of the Week! Each school wins a pretty good chunk of change that I'm very sure we could all use for our facilities/equipment. Let's make this happen folks!!! We are currently way behind. Share this link with everyone you know.

https://www.titansonline.com/community/game-of-the-week

All I know is that you highfalutin Knoxville folk better not be coming down here to God’s country and expect ta be going home victorious. Don’t be bringing brooms to sweep off the bleachers like your Middle Tennessee private school brethren Columbia Academy  did a couple years ago either. If it’s that dirty holler at paw and he will bring his blower over and take care of it fer ya. I do knows that all my boys in black will be ready to make y’all pray that you raised em right! After watching last years game I don’t think the good lord has been to instrumental in the upbringing of your helmet throwers! Go Cherokees! Beat the sheep!

10 hours ago, muskox said:

After the mess Friday at oliver springs I just don't know what to think about this game.....if we play the first half the same way we will be going to the locker room wondering what just happened

I’ve heard OS is better this year but I was surprised at the game y’all had Friday. Guess the boys were looking ahead, only explanation you’ve got, I suppose.