GCA at Greenback

orngnblk

55 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm sure I've read it on here a couple times. 

I'm the wrong guy to ask, as I am VERY low on this totem pole. Who knows? They may call and re-up for another two years. I've just heard it said several times by more important people that we have very little to gain from playing GB or a team like Happy Valley. We need to be playing the local bigger programs with similar talent as you guys have. That's the best way to get kids interested in our program, if they see us play on Friday nights.

Before anyone in Greenback gets their boxers in a wad, please note, I said "bigger" programs with "similar" talent.....meant it as a compliment to your 1A program that plays more like a 3A program.

4 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

I'm the wrong guy to ask, as I am VERY low on this totem pole. Who knows? They may call and re-up for another two years. I've just heard it said several times by more important people that we have very little to gain from playing GB or a team like Happy Valley. We need to be playing the local bigger programs with similar talent as you guys have. That's the best way to get kids interested in our program, if they see us play on Friday nights.

Before anyone in Greenback gets their boxers in a wad, please note, I said "bigger" programs with "similar" talent.....meant it as a compliment to your 1A program that plays more like a 3A program.

Yeah we didn't like getting beat in an OOD game by a smaller school either lol

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Turley only wishes he had the slight of hand skills that Edwards had last year on our kid. It was right in front of the official, in the secondary, wide open. I’ve never seen a fan base fuss about officiating as much as the Greenback fan base. It’s not just against us, it’s every week if they lose or are in a tight game. Go read the OS vs GB thread. They WON! And STILL complained, :roflol:

1 minute ago, gcapride said:

Turley only wishes he had the slight of hand skills that Edwards had last year on our kid. It was right in front of the official, in the secondary, wide open. I’ve never seen a fan base fuss about officiating as much as the Greenback fan base. It’s not just against us, it’s every week if they lose or are in a tight game. Go read the OS vs GB thread. They WON! And STILL complained, :roflol:

24 penalty’s in that game 

42 minutes ago, gcarams2008 said:

Please elaborate. First, who could possibly be smaller than Oneida. Second, if you lost to them, you should pull that stadium down and let the team play Lincoln Logs with it. 

Well since we are 2A then according to the T $$AA every school in 1A. 

As for pulling the stadium down, it's been around a while. We don't have a graven goat or anything yet but we're still fond of it.