Upset minded WB comes to 825 for Homecoming 2018

rebelwoman87

1 hour ago, HHSFB10 said:

I have a really hard time figuring you out. I follow most of the heritage threads and you’ve been very complimentary of the young men at heritage who’ve stuck it out, and continue to compete against extremely tough odds. You’ve criticized the players who quit at heritage, and stated how much better in the long run the guys who stay will be. 

Then on a maryville thread you commend and defend families for moving their children to another school. Are those kids not quitters also? Did they not quit on their teammates at hhs or wb? Would they not be better off in the long run for sticking it out? 

Not trying to start the transfer city vs county argument again, just trying to point out Barney’s hypocrisy. 

I know half a dozen kids on every football team in the county or their parents. What has happened this year at Heritage is a travesty. My thoughts are if your going to start something you need to finish it. I don't want these kids transferring out of Heritage any more than you do but it's usually the parents not the kids decision. I pull for all the teams except when they play Maryville because that is where I played many years ago.  The county schools are their own worst enemies and have been even before I was born. Shutting football down at Eagleton who was the main feeder system for Heritage was the dumbest thing the county ever did back in the late 80's early 90's for a period of years sent all their kids going to Alcoa and even though they are playing again the damage was done. Heritage isn't capable of winning half it's games on a good year because of that damage. It would take a young energetic coach to try and stay on top of all of that to change Heritage if Hamontree ever decides to leave. I'm sure he has to feel empty inside watching kids quit, transfer and even lose good coaches.