PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I highly doubt for a region game against a 1 loss opponent that strategy was implemented. And if it was no offense, but the loss would be accountable to that coaching mentality. Region games are important not only for the team but the fans. 

Well we played them the same as last year..... 

I mean it was similar plays as last year and it being six miles away and a lot of kids that don’t go to Trenton go to GC. Yeah they didn’t want people mad. 

Trenton got so much junk over beating Humboldt bad they have slowed down a bit after that on teams they would deam as easier. I really think coaches underestimated GC and the kids had Homecoming stuff in their head because they played like crap. Same happened last year against McKenzie. Underestimated them and then we play for our lives to make the playoffs.

Gibson Co Football Appearances:  Championship Record: 1-5
Appearances (5): 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1995

Peabody Football Appearances: Championship Record: 27-21
Appearances (22): 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1992, 1991 
Finals Appearances/Runners-up (2): 2014, 1991 
Championships (1): 2014

• Upvote 1

Well I’m getting off this thread. One last thing just like the Peabody fans that need to learn how to loose. Many fans from GC need to learn how to win. Can’t go searching out people to continue to put them down. I can t turn on coach T or Facebook without GC fans trying to start arguments. High school rivalry’s are like Politics lol everyone has opinions and arguments. Well I’m done lol 

Good Game GC 

See all you Peabody fans when McKenzie rolls into Trenton.

Edited by PHSRollTide

7 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I mean it was similar plays as last year and it being six miles away and a lot of kids that don’t go to Trenton go to GC. Yeah they didn’t want people mad. 

Trenton got so much junk over beating Humboldt bad they have slowed down a bit after that on teams they would deam as easier. I really think coaches underestimated GC and the kids had Homecoming stuff in their head because they played like crap. Same happened last year against McKenzie. Underestimated them and then we play for our lives to make the playoffs.

Please dont take this as being disrespectful. But when the chips fell. At Peabodys home. Gibson was the better team end of story. It may have been the one time out of 10 that you guys played that they could win. But they did it against all odds and as an away game. One thing gained from Gibson should be confidence. The one thing from Peabody humility. Be glad it happened now and not in the playoffs. It's only a blemish on an undefeated season at this point. Only affects where playoffs are played not how you win your next game. You may get your chance to play them again, but if so on their field. Learn from it, Look forward to it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Please dont take this as being disrespectful. But when the chips fell. At Peabodys home. Gibson was the better team end of story. It may have been the one time out of 10 that you guys played that they could win. But they did it against all odds and as an away game. One thing gained from Gibson should be confidence. The one thing from Peabody humility. Be glad it happened now and not in the playoffs. It's only a blemish on an undefeated season at this point. Only affects where playoffs are played not how you win your next game. You may get your chance to play them again, but if so on their field. Learn from it, Look forward to it. 

Oh yeah I understand that

like I said 

Well I’m getting off this thread. One last thing just like the Peabody fans that need to learn how to loose. Many fans from GC need to learn how to win. Can’t go searching out people to continue to put them down. I can t turn on coach T or Facebook without GC fans trying to start arguments. High school rivalry’s are like Politics lol everyone has opinions and arguments. Well I’m done lol 

Good Game GC 

See all you Peabody fans when McKenzie rolls into Trenton.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

This excuse takes them all.  They beat Humboldt and Dresden so bad they didn’t wanna hurt GCs feelings........ There is zero chance that a coaching staff as good as Peabody had this mentality 

3 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

McKenzie 2017....

Peabody did the same thing took a team lightly, got beat and then beat two teams that was considered by many better than the young team we had. Trenton always looses focus for a game or two but when playoffs come around it’s a different story. Trenton should have beat UC last year in the playoffs just had some mistakes they couldn’t come back from.

This year I see them differently than I did last year. Homecoming was in their mind they probably only had one practice this week because of all the rain. GC practiced in their indoor facilities and plan and simple the team that was more mentally ready won that game. We didn’t use any special plays like we saw against Union City. We had the plays that you see them run against Humboldt and BTW.

I will say this I see GC loosing to UC next week because they are so focused on what happened and the fact Peabody beat UC and they should too. I think UC wins 14 to 12. Just saying 

I mean the GC and Peabody rematch possibly