Union City hosts TCA

Bigsw02

29 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Speed will kill UC. If union city doesn’t contain TCA speedster then it’ll be a long night. If UC goes to what won the title last year and can grind out long drives then Region 7 needs to watch out. Just like all these year union city has won, there’s a saying a nicely ran wing-T can beat any team on any level in football. 

UC will take note from the success University school had against TCA and exploit their weakness stopping the running game, which is also one of UC's strength.  Same goes goes for stopping the threat of TCA' s speed.  University school contained the proclaimed speed threat from TCA and proved it was easily doable.

1 hour ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Agree that the future of R7 will become very clear to all after this week.

Peabody will solidify it position position as the leader of R7 after defeating handily in-county rival GC. Im predicting the Tide rolls BIG in this one from the onset and never look back. Peabody wins by 30.

UC will find out first hand Friday night the weakness of TCA's schedule prior to this contest. Historically the same schedule wouldn't be as weak but with McKenzie and Adamsville both way down that is simply not the case this year. Wins against JCS, A'ville and McKenzie simply don't mean in the first half of this year what they have meant in the past. Unless the TCA staff can pull a rabbit out of their hat I predict Trinity scores no more than 10 in this contest and UC man handles a win on the ground by 13. 

The "Expert" has spoken.  I am glad that I read this post as I can start my vacation a day early instead of wasting time going to this game.  We had better just stick to our one legged butt kicking contests.  

8 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

UC will take note from the success University school had against TCA and exploit their weakness stopping the running game, which is also one of UC's strength.  Same goes goes for stopping the threat of TCA' s speed.  University school contained the proclaimed speed threat from TCA and proved it was easily doable.

The "Expert" with yet another proclamation.  So it is written, so it shall be done.  

25 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

First of all not much wisdom from you. Yes if UC does like USJ and Tca has not made any adjustments then it is not a far stretch to say UC will run all over us. Second USJ did not contain our proclaimed speedster. Our own coaches contained him with the play calling. There is a lot more in the bag for the true speedster in the offense. All you have done is state the obvious. Also if you saw the USJ game that was not even a measuring stick. 5 turnovers and a short field and they only scored 28 along with an anemic offensive calling session. So maybe we won’t turn the ball over and maybe coaches will open up the offense with our Qb. Expert?!!!

16 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

The "Expert" has spoken.  I am glad that I read this post as I can start my vacation a day early instead of wasting time going to this game.  We had better just stick to our one legged butt kicking contests.  

Reitzfan, just predicting the game the way I see the matchup play out and IMO UC has the personnel to successfully play out the game using a similar game plan as the University school. Sorry that ruffles ya feathers. No offense intended towards TCA just a quick, simple break down of the matchup as I see it , as most do on this forum.

I would be interested to hear how you see this matchup playing out if you care to share your thoughts?

17 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

First of all not much wisdom from you. Yes if UC does like USJ and Tca has not made any adjustments then it is not a far stretch to say UC will run all over us. Second USJ did not contain our proclaimed speedster. Our own coaches contained him with the play calling. There is a lot more in the bag for the true speedster in the offense. All you have done is state the obvious. Also if you saw the USJ game that was not even a measuring stick. 5 turnovers and a short field and they only scored 28 along with an anemic offensive calling session. So maybe we won’t turn the ball over and maybe coaches will open up the offense with our Qb. Expert?!!!

Why did your coaches hold him back ? 

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Ahhh BigEd, see I was unaware of the excuses you mentioned... Coaches should always be blamed for losses, opposing defenses never have anything to do with turnovers... short fields are never a good thing! Not much wisdom there sir, just more excuses. Don't bash, provide an actual viewpoint that can be discussed or feel free to discuss mine.

18 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Reitzfan, just predicting the game the way I see the matchup play out and IMO UC has the personnel to successfully play out the game using a similar game plan as the University school. Sorry that ruffles ya feathers. No offense intended towards TCA just a quick, simple break down of the matchup as I see it , as most do on this forum.

I would be interested to hear how you see this matchup playing out if you care to share your thoughts?

I attended that game.........USJ was not the better team......... You didn’t really contain the speedster.........he didn’t get the ball enough.  Both teams were pretty equal overall.  TCA self imploded.  USJ’s running game is strong and they could go far if they stay with it.  Both teams could go two or three rounds in the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Ahhh BigEd, see I was unaware of the excuses you mentioned... Coaches should always be blamed for losses, opposing defenses never have anything to do with turnovers... short fields are never a good thing! Not much wisdom there sir, just more excuses. Don't bash, provide an actual viewpoint that can be discussed or feel free to discuss mine.

“Expert” has spoken so we all need to disappear BIGEdmo!

12 minutes ago, WestTnGuru said:

I attended that game.........USJ was not the better team......... You didn’t really contain the speedster.........he didn’t get the ball enough.  Both teams were pretty equal overall.  TCA self imploded.  USJ’s running game is strong and they could go far if they stay with it.  Both teams could go two or three rounds in the playoffs.  

I also attended the game. Have a slightly different take on some of it..... speedster didn't get the ball much because earlier opportunities were contained going no where.... the trench war  was clearly won IMO by University school on both side of the ball, TCA passing game has a lot of in met potential and could establish later in the season. My take on that game.