2018 Cornersville Bulldogs

Jobres76

Just now, sum1uno said:

Youth program a few years back got some much needed coaching from some previous players. Jimbo and Richard showed those boys on the line techniques. Paul worked the offense and Andy worked the D. That youth group was fun to be around. Those players was a very competitive group amongst themselves. They hated losing and worked their tails off to get where they are now. Numbers increased with success and groups behind them are following suit. The only thing that has held us back in previous years was number of players. When you dress about 20 you will not win period. Plus we do have a great coaching staff. And they have had a few teams that was good scattered about. Early to mid 90’s had some good teams. 

I remember when Joe played you guys were decent, but that’s about it. 

18 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

For a top notch 2a program your visitor bleachers are awful unless you improved them from last year. It is what it is. Y'all can do better than that

You do realize that not everyone has the luxury of being in their own "special" school district, right? Truth is that Waverly doesn't control what is/isn't built there, other than the community through a booster club... the football program, booster club, nor the school it's self could ever build the stadium and turf that you all have. Enjoy it...be proud of it...and yes, you all have earned it, but it doesn't give anyone the right to gloat over someone else's shortcomings. Not directing this at you (if you are the age you say, played there, and have been a loyal fan, I commend you), but y'all don't realize how tough it is being in Cornersville's shoes. I think someone stated that there are three high schools in their system, and if the other two have amenities that the Bulldogs don't have, how do you think they feel about hearing about how "awful" the field that they call home is.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You do realize that not everyone has the luxury of being in their own "special" school district, right? Truth is that Waverly doesn't control what is/isn't built there, other than the community through a booster club... the football program, booster club, nor the school it's self could ever build the stadium and turf that you all have. Enjoy it...be proud of it...and yes, you all have earned it, but it doesn't give anyone the right to gloat over someone else's shortcomings. Not directing this at you (if you are the age you say, played there, and have been a loyal fan, I commend you), but y'all don't realize how tough it is being in Cornersville's shoes. I think someone stated that there are three high schools in their system, and if the other two have amenities that the Bulldogs don't have, how do you think they feel about hearing about how "awful" the field that they call home is.

Whoa now I haven't said anything bad about Cornersville field . In fact I liked their field. Very well manicured with good footing when we played. Liked the stands close to the field. I want to be close enough to smell the action. Field didn't cost Huntingdon the game last season. Waverly can do better!

Just now, Croppygenius said:

Whoa now I haven't said anything bad about Cornersville field . In fact I liked their field. Very well manicured with good footing when we played. Liked the stands close to the field. I want to be close enough to smell the action. Field didn't cost Huntingdon the game last season. Waverly can do better!

That's why I said "not directing this at you"...I was just commenting about the differences in some's availability to improve their facilities. Bleachers are usually a "large" expenditure, which is most times paid for by the system, not the school or program.

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's why I said "not directing this at you"...I was just commenting about the differences in some's availability to improve their facilities. Bleachers are usually a "large" expenditure, which is most times paid for by the system, not the school or program.

Yea with two other schools in our county a 3a and 2a  we get the short end of the stick which chapel hills lions club does alot for them with the tractor pull 

16 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Another question.. What has been the turnaround? No disrespect, but in my life I’ve never known of them to be any good until last season.  Industry coming in and bringing people? What’s the difference?

This is just my opinion, but I feel that the turnaround for Cornersville is when them and Chapel Hill left the youth football in Lewisburg .  It now has the same kids playing together for a long time.  And if you are like me, having kids play together for such a long time builds that chemistry among them all.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

This is just my opinion, but I feel that the turnaround for Cornersville is when them and Chapel Hill left the youth football in Lewisburg .  It now has the same kids playing together for a long time.  And if you are like me, having kids play together for such a long time builds that chemistry among them all.  

I agree. Back when I played for Cornersville we had kids that grew up playing for Lewisburg, Petersburg, Fayetteville, Pulaski among other places. It's makes a world of difference when kids grow up all playing for the same community.

• Upvote 1

I really don't know what to say. I knew Fayetteville city was down this year, but didn't know how far down until tonight. They may have had 20 kids dress on the sideline. Injury bug has hit them hard. Another week, another shut out win 55-0. JV played the majority of the game from basically 2nd quarter on. Fayetteville did not quit and hats off to them for that! They are struggling through some issues as a program right now. I know someone will have something to say and that's fine, say what you want. Fayetteville has been a good team historically, and they are in the region, so not much could be done. Great game guys, both sides!