Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

2 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Don’t confuse me with other posters. I have yet to complain until tonight about play calling. I felt that everytime I looked up Baines was running the ball. I know he is a new toy but gotta play with the old ones too. Keep them honest is all I want. The threat is there but you gotta show them that it is before they believe ya. 

Maybe try 6 at rb some. 21 is just little and he goes down to easy against bigger teams. He’s had a great year though. Last week all the yards came from 6 and 21 against East Robertson. This week is was 8 and 21.  I don’t think 8 throws ball great. He had 7 wide open on int ... but Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Whitwell defense really took over the game last few minutes. Blocked kick, that would have won the game. Interception that kept you from scoring at about redzone territory. And a last attempt at a score which they just stood strong and held you when the win was on the line. You were driving to win and  at best they were hoping for over time. Whitwells defense was what shined last few minutes the game. They showed up when it mattered. Mind you I'm not biased as I'm a Meigs fan. Im.just telling it like I saw it. Never watched Whitwell play before tonight.

They did Whitwell made plays when it mattered. But TC also shot themselves in the foot all night.

The unforced fumble in the 1st quarter when they were having a great drive and had momentum. That sucked the life out of the crowd and it didn't come back until the 4th quarter.

The interception was a bad decision in that situation in my opinion. It felt like a desperation heave on 4th down type of play. Which wasn't necessary in that spot.

The penalties.... How many times were they at 1st and 15 due to false starts?

As mentioned the playcalling was very unimaginative and we had some very good athletes that either didn't or barely even touched the ball.

Its been the same thing for TC. They have a hard time finishing drives. The kicking game has been suspect all year. And you pretty much know what you are gonna see on offense 95% of the time.

This season is more and more looking exactly like last season. They lost a close game to Friendship they should have won, they lost a game to Macon County that nobody expected and then lost a close game to Whitwell. This year they lost a close game to Lebanon, lost a game to Watertown that nobody expected and then lost a close game to Whitwell.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steelcityroller said:

They did Whitwell made plays when it mattered. But TC also shot themselves in the foot all night.

The unforced fumble in the 1st quarter when they were having a great drive and had momentum. That sucked the life out of the crowd and it didn't come back until the 4th quarter.

The interception was a bad decision in that situation in my opinion. It felt like a desperation heave on 4th down type of play. Which wasn't necessary in that spot.

The penalties.... How many times were they at 1st and 15 due to false starts?

As mentioned the playcalling was very unimaginative and we had some very good athletes that either didn't or barely even touched the ball.

Its been the same thing for TC. They have a hard time finishing drives. The kicking game has been suspect all year. And you pretty much know what you are gonna see on offense 95% of the time.

This season is more and more looking exactly like last season. They lost a close game to Friendship they should have won, they lost a game to Macon County that nobody expected and then lost a close game to Whitwell. This year they lost a close game to Lebanon, lost a game to Watertown that nobody expected and then lost a close game to Whitwell.

TC has lost two top 5 teams in Watertown and Whitwell, and to the best lebanon team in forever. You refer to getting ball to other guys, only other guy is 6. They weren’t gonna let you run speed sweeps. Play 6 maybe at rb or put him at qb some to rest 8. I would like to see throw the ball to 7 more but after the int I was dang yelling don’t throw it again .  5 is not a threat running the ball right now for TC. He is a lot slower coming off knee surgery. 

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Whitwell defense really took over the game last few minutes. Blocked kick, that would have won the game. Interception that kept you from scoring at about redzone territory. And a last attempt at a score which they just stood strong and held you when the win was on the line. You were driving to win and  at best they were hoping for over time. Whitwells defense was what shined last few minutes the game. They showed up when it mattered. Mind you I'm not biased as I'm a Meigs fan. Im.just telling it like I saw it. Never watched Whitwell play before tonight.

Agreed. 

I hope your first time to the Creekbank was worth the trip! Hope to have you back for some Turkey later on in the year but if this team doesn’t improve, then we will be in the gym by that point. 

Next 3 weeks “should” allow TC to get healthy, get Baines into game shape, and hopefully get the young guys some experience. 

7 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

TC has lost two top 5 teams in Watertown and Whitwell, and to the best lebanon team in forever. You refer to getting ball to other guys, only other guy is 6. They weren’t gonna let you run speed sweeps. Play 6 maybe at rb or put him at qb some to rest 8. I would like to see throw the ball to 7 more but after the int I was dang yelling don’t throw it again .  5 is not a threat running the ball right now for TC. He is a lot slower coming off knee surgery. 

What about playing 5 at QB some and splitting 8, 6, and 7 out? 5 Isn’t the best passer but from what I’ve seen him do all year vs the small sample size 8 gave us tonight, 5 is the passer of the two. Heck leave 5 at QB and just play 6, 8 & 21 at RB.

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I think Whitwell looked and felt like Watertown this year. Except I think Watertown is better than Whitwell. But as you stated they are a solid team that is very well coached. They don't make mistakes, turnover the ball, have all the penalties etc.

I asked somebody earlier in the game about their passing game because I didn't think they would be able to run the ball against TC defense. And for the most part they didn't.... I heard all week about this big time running back and I didn't see it. #31 tore them up in the short passing game in the second half as he had an agility/short burst advantage over his coverage.

The offense was very bland and has been the case going back to last year. Its hard to beat top teams when you are running the same handful of plays. And as you stated and it has been the case all year this offense slows down when they get inside the 20 and that threat to stretch the field isn't there anymore. Teams can just load up front.

I heard one of Whitwell's coaches on the sideline say that TC had better athletes.

Yep I've been saying it on here for weeks that it might be a mistake to have him come back against Whitwell his first game.

I heard one of Whitwell's coaches telling a fan this on the sideline at the end of regulation. That they were thankful TC was spreading the ball around because several guys were giving them problems.

It was easy to see that they were not fast enough to cover 6 or big enough to cover Juice he should be involved in the offense more than what he is 

1 minute ago, BCB~MVP said:

Agreed. 

I hope your first time to the Creekbank was worth the trip! Hope to have you back for some Turkey later on in the year but if this team doesn’t improve, then we will be in the gym by that point. 

Next 3 weeks “should” allow TC to get healthy, get Baines into game shape, and hopefully get the young guys some experience. 

Really had a good time. Myself and my family did. It was as nice as mentioned. Loads of seating as well was impressed with the place as a whole. And I hope we dont have to come back man... lol what a drive. Wouldn't be so bad but when I get home I sleep 3 hours and get up for work. 

7 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

They have plenty of weapons there are plenty of things they can do.... If #5 can't run the ball then you sure can put him at QB and put line up #8 else where to create some different looks. You can put 6 and 8 in the backfield together and have them split reps at QB.

They have enough athletes who can play multiple spots to where they don't have to run the same darn thing over and over again.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Really had a good time. Myself and my family did. It was as nice as mentioned. Loads of seating as well was impressed with the place as a whole. And I hope we dont have to come back man... lol what a drive. Wouldn't be so bad but when I get home I sleep 3 hours and get up for work. 

I was thinking about going to the South Pitt vs Whitwell game back at the beginning of the season when I was planning the games I wanted to attend. And was like nah I can't drive that far lol