GCA at CAK

gcapride

57 minutes ago, TheDarkSide said:

The blank must say. GCA is a really really bad team right now that's not playing hard due to the coach.There's a little bit of talent over there. But word is that most kids have lost interest due to Coach Bradley and his coaching style. Word also is Coach Bradley is looking for a way out of GCA. If the kids don't like the coach, kids won't play for them. If this is true, what would the fix be? 

I will preface this by saying I have no relationship whatsoever with Coach Bradley and don’t really know much about what’s going on in the east side of the state. But it would not surprise me if he is trying to get out. When he was at USJ, I started hearing rumors that he was looking to get out just a couple of weeks into the season. Whenever I said something on here I kept being told how wrong I was by USJ people but it ended up being the case. If he is indeed looking to get out at GCA, it almost seems like he is looking for something very specific in a job and when he doesn’t find it he looks to go elsewhere. Again, I do not know him and that’s just complete speculation on my part. This score shocked me, I thought they were going to have a good team this year that would compete with ND for that region title. 

6 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

The blank must say. GCA is a really really bad team right now that's not playing hard due to the coach.There's a little bit of talent over there. But word is that most kids have lost interest due to Coach Bradley and his coaching style. Word also is Coach Bradley is looking for a way out of GCA. If the kids don't like the coach, kids won't play for them. If this is true, what would the fix be? 

But this was "The guy" you all wanted,so whats the issue?No talent?No money?No support??These are things GCA has always had.So i ask again whats the issue?

On 9/29/2018 at 7:37 AM, orngnblk said:

The old pride.lol

That being said doesnt change a thing,CAK by 14 line play goes to the Warriors.Wouldnt be surprised either way tho lots of emotions in this game like,should i wear my plaid sweater and brown khakis?Or my brown sweater and my plaid Shorts.Drive the Beamer or the Denali.Wear my hair up or down.Rolex or the iron man.:roflol::roflolk:

Good pick OnB!

On 9/29/2018 at 9:58 AM, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

If we roll in there thinking anything other than that, we will get our butts handed to us. They got embarrassed last year, as we have in the past. They won't let that happen two years in a row.

OnB is pretty straight up, unless he's jerkin' Pride's chain. I trust his evaluation. He's seen his boys maul both of us. I'd say, we better be on our "A" game.

We did give ole Coach K a whole lot more to think about last night. And, I believe we made some sweet adjustments to the D to be ready to take on that running game they are so proud of. 

Can't wait! Last CAK game for mine. He'll have to check his emotions at the bus.

Raisem i try to make good picks so the guys playing the big ones have a chance!:roflol:

On 10/6/2018 at 1:38 AM, WilsonJr1990 said:

I will preface this by saying I have no relationship whatsoever with Coach Bradley and don’t really know much about what’s going on in the east side of the state. But it would not surprise me if he is trying to get out. When he was at USJ, I started hearing rumors that he was looking to get out just a couple of weeks into the season. Whenever I said something on here I kept being told how wrong I was by USJ people but it ended up being the case. If he is indeed looking to get out at GCA, it almost seems like he is looking for something very specific in a job and when he doesn’t find it he looks to go elsewhere. Again, I do not know him and that’s just complete speculation on my part. This score shocked me, I thought they were going to have a good team this year that would compete with ND for that region title. 

Speculation is also the rumor mill. And this website relies on rumors and opinions to exist. Your inside info was correct at USJ and folks didn’t see it. I know of 1 local school (and I’m sure there were many more) that came after Coach Bradley after last season. He didn’t jump ship at that offer. The bottom line is if you want to build a program, you have to stay in the same place for a long period of time. CRB did that at CAK. USJ wasn’t a Christian School, and he wasn’t fit for that. He might jump ship next year. And if he does, that would be tough to explain to a new school. Leaving a school after 1 year, then another school after 2 seasons? I think that would raise a bunch of questions....

Edited by gcapride

9 hours ago, gcapride said:

Speculation is also the rumor mill. And this website relies on rumors and opinions to exist. Your inside info was correct at USJ and folks didn’t see it. I know of 1 local school (and I’m sure there were many more) that came after Coach Bradley after last season. He didn’t jump ship at that offer. The bottom line is if you want to build a program, you have to stay in the same place for a long period of time. CRB did that at CAK. USJ wasn’t a Christian School, and he wasn’t fit for that. He might jump ship next year. And if he does, that would be tough to explain to a new school. Leaving a school after 1 year, then another school after 2 seasons? I think that would raise a bunch of questions....

If he does that the respect i have for him will expire!

I will not speculate on CRB. I will support him as I supported McKamey. Just like our president, you can like him or hate him, but he's still OUR POTUS. Same as a coach, not going to say I applaud every play call, but until he decides to move on, he's our coach and I will support him. IMO, (this is not aimed at GCA, but Div2 football as a whole),I think that a problem with being in TSSAA Div2 is that there sometimes is a lack of ownership in the program and a lack of pride in the program for kids who come sliding into Div2 programs from D1 or other D2 schools. There a lifers or long time players who only want to play for their school, always have and always will. With that being said, there are also players who see good things and jump here and there to try to get the best team or playing time and they don't have the investment and ownership in a program that lifers do. I have seen this cycle play out for years. Like it or not, teams like Greenback that we played have kids from K-5 on who's only desire is to someday wear the orange and black and play for their HS and nowhere else. That is what I feel is lacking in ALL D2 football to some extent. I played for a bad 5A school in my day, but I didn't want to play anywhere else, it was MY team. This is not a "jab" at GCA or any school, my son graduated and this doesn't affect me or my son in any way. I just see this as a cycle and a fundamental problem for D2 that will continue. My opinion only.