Riverside(5-1) vs Hickman(5-1)

vandyfan1

Last year Hickman Co. came to Decatur Co. the week after the Waverly game and almost socked us in the mouth. Rivercats won 32-28 but it wasn't easy. I hope there is not a let down like that this year. I'm looking for 9-1 going into the playoffs and I hope I'm right. Riverside can build some depth over the next four games if we play our cards. We have some fine freshmen and sophomores. I have a lot of respect for Hickman Co. and don't want a slip up over there this week. 

21 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Hickman better have a good pass defense and a good passing game as well Riversides run defense is pretty legit. I thought they had a good passing game as well! 

The games I've seen this year Hickman hasn't attempted many passes, but our RBs have been getting their yards. They split the carries between two but there's a third that comes in some. Defense hasn't been tested much in the passing game but when the opponent did try to pass they didn't have much luck. This will be Hickmans first tough opponent.  

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

The games I've seen this year Hickman hasn't attempted many passes, but our RBs have been getting their yards. They split the carries between two but there's a third that comes in some. Defense hasn't been tested much in the passing game but when the opponent did try to pass they didn't have much luck. This will be Hickmans first tough opponent.  

Well last week I figured Riverside would be a decent team but they are way better than I figured they would be. I think Hickman will be shocked at how good they are. I really dont see Hickman getting much on the ground against them. But you never know. I say Riverside wins by 21 but thats just looking at Hickmans scores against other teams.

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well last week I figured Riverside would be a decent team but they are way better than I figured they would be. I think Hickman will be shocked at how good they are. I really dont see Hickman getting much on the ground against them. But you never know. I say Riverside wins by 21 but thats just looking at Hickmans scores against other teams.

Matchups make games, and this doesn't fit well for HC. Their game is on the ground, and Riverside's strength is stopping the run. Reminds me of another team that the Panthers played a couple of weeks ago :roll:, and although the Panther posters gave us some respect, I tried to tell them how it would go. Hickman better work on their ariel attack all week, and Riverside's no slouch in that department either.

• Upvote 1