CLINTON @ FULTON

92Dragon

Oh boy! Here we go!  Clinton hung in there with West last week and had a chance to win, but couldn't take advantage. Will Clinton hang with Fulton this week? I know 99% of the people on here think NO!  Like I said last week, I just want to compete and continue to see Clinton take steps forward. 

15 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Oh boy! Here we go!  Clinton hung in there with West last week and had a chance to win, but couldn't take advantage. Will Clinton hang with Fulton this week? I know 99% of the people on here think NO!  Like I said last week, I just want to compete and continue to see Clinton take steps forward. 

Hope they get out of there with no injuries..

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I don't think anyone in 5A can hang with Fulton

You may be right. Have you actually watched them play?  Or is this opinion based off their record and reputation.  The perception of the Fulton here in Knoxville is that this team is nowhere near as good as some of the better Fulton teams of the past 10 yrs.  

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I don't think anyone in 5A can hang with Fulton

Powell did a pretty good job of hanging with them. That was a 14-10 game with about 5 min to play. Fulton iced it with a long drive, with a WR making a tremendous TD catch on 4th and 9.

I think Oak Ridge is good enough to win that game, but I don't know if they will. Fulton is legit, as usual.

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

You may be right. Have you actually watched them play?  Or is this opinion based off their record and reputation.  The perception of the Fulton here in Knoxville is that this team is nowhere near as good as some of the better Fulton teams of the past 10 yrs.  

This is a pretty good Fulton team, but I agree, it's not one of their best squads. Xavier Malone is one heck of a QB, and they've always got athletes, but this team just doesn't own the trenches like they have in previous years. I've watched them a few times this season, and while their offensive line isn't built to ram the ball down your throat, they are very capable of hitting big plays in the passing game. Defensively, their back 7 is pretty strong, and those guys really fly to the football, but their defensive line isn't nearly as good as it has been in recent years.

Powell kept the game close against Fulton because they held their own at the LOS, plus both teams had a lot of penalties. The difference in that game was Fulton's ability to finish drives, while the Panthers could not. I can't remember the exact number, but I believe Powell crossed the Fulton 30 on five or six occasions, and could only score twice.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

This is a pretty good Fulton team, but I agree, it's not one of their best squads. Xavier Malone is one heck of a QB, and they've always got athletes, but this team just doesn't own the trenches like they have in previous years. I've watched them a few times this season, and while their offensive line isn't built to ram the ball down your throat, they are very capable of hitting big plays in the passing game. Defensively, their back 7 is pretty strong, and those guys really fly to the football, but their defensive line isn't nearly as good as it has been in recent years.

Powell kept the game close against Fulton because they held their own at the LOS, plus both teams had a lot of penalties. The difference in that game was Fulton's ability to finish drives, while the Panthers could not. I can't remember the exact number, but I believe Powell crossed the Fulton 30 on five or six occasions, and could only score twice.

You're right.  They are a darn good football team.  I was just wondering if Blazer had actually seen them play a game.  I think they may have a few too many guys going both ways in the LOS.  They are still very dangerous and well coached.  This region is about to get very interesting.  Will you be at West to watch the Panthers?  I'm going to go watch that one.  West defense is really good.  Powell having a great year.  Should be dogfight.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

You're right.  They are a darn good football team.  I was just wondering if Blazer had actually seen them play a game.  I think they may have a few too many guys going both ways in the LOS.  They are still very dangerous and well coached.  This region is about to get very interesting.  Will you be at West to watch the Panthers?  I'm going to go watch that one.  West defense is really good.  Powell having a great year.  Should be dogfight.

I'm planning to be there. Should be a good one. 

I think Fulton was better the last 3 years than they are this year. Team chemistry just doesn't look right. Central was up 3-0 in the 3rd quarter of their game and if not for a 80 yd.-pick 6 and a 55 yd hail mary pass, they would have lost that game. And with a roster of about 40-45, 24 of which are seniors, you wonder about next year.