AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 1 2018

Southtowner

1 hour ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

That's part of it lol. Back in 97-98 Clint listed our guys down, He had 2 guys listed at 265 (Michael Scruggs and Cory Timberlake) and Michael was about 295 and Cory about 280 and both could run like deer, Scruggs had offers to play in SEC but chose not to, But the sad part was we were playing a team in the playoffs, and the their coach was watching our kids getting off the bus, and counted out the guys we had 260 and he asked Jerry, "I thought ya'll only had 2 guys 260, not 3. He was referring to TC Payne. lol

If I remember right, Timberlake was listed at 225 and Scruggs was listed at 265. I was playing DE against them, and there was one play where both hit me along with Marshall at the wing. I thought, "fellas, there is absolutely no sense in this. It only takes one of ya'll."

2 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

If I remember right, Timberlake was listed at 225 and Scruggs was listed at 265. I was playing DE against them, and there was one play where both hit me along with Marshall at the wing. I thought, "fellas, there is absolutely no sense in this. It only takes one of ya'll."

Was Timberlake the biggest 225 you have seen?  

6 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Yes TC as it stands right now (finishing 2nd) would be at home Rd 1, road for Tyner Rd. 2, road to Watertown Rd. 3, and home for Semis. Now if Watertown were to slip up on 1st or 2nd, TC would host Rd 3 as well. All this is assuming TC wins those games, im by no means saying they will, just laying the map out if they did. 

This scenario will play out as you describe if and only if it's the 3 seed from your region that is left standing in the bottom bracket. As a 2  seed Trousdale would host the quarters only if it's a team from their own region with a lower seeding. That can only be your 3 seed team. If it's a team from region 3 or Watertown then TC will have to travel.

Edited by Southtowner

Now if TC were to fall to the 3 seed in their region they would remain in the bottom bracket.  Go on the road first 2 rounds BUT would host the quarterfinals AND the Semifinals.  

You're going on the road to Tyner in 2nd round as a 2 seed.  As a 3 seed you would go to Watertown in the 2nd round BUT would host Tyner in the quarters.  

Choose which scenario above with caution. 

23 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This scenario will play out as you describe if and only if it's the 3 seed from your region that is left standing in the bottom bracket. As a 2  seed Trousdale would host the quarters only if it's a team from their own region with a lower seeding. That can only be your 3 seed team. If it's a team from region 3 or Watertown then TC will have to travel.

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Now if TC were to fall to the 3 seed in their region they would remain in the bottom bracket.  Go on the road first 2 rounds BUT would host the quarterfinals AND the Semifinals.  

You're going on the road to Tyner in 2nd round as a 2 seed.  As a 3 seed you would go to Watertown in the 2nd round BUT would host Tyner in the quarters.  

Choose which scenario above with caution. 

Trying to follow you Southtowner.... If TC as a 2 seed makes it to the Qrt Finals, and say Marion Co./Polk Co. as a 2 seed makes it to the Qrt Finals, Game would be in Marion/Polk? That would mean Watertown Travels to Tyner if both 1 Seeds make it to Qrt Finals. 

3 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Trying to follow you Southtowner.... If TC as a 2 seed makes it to the Qrt Finals, and say Marion Co./Polk Co. as a 2 seed makes it to the Qrt Finals, Game would be in Marion/Polk? That would mean Watertown Travels to Tyner if both 1 Seeds make it to Qrt Finals. 

Bold is correct.  The one about Watertown traveling to Tyner is not correct.  Reason being both those scenarios involve the winner coming out of the BOTTOM portion of the bracket.   It's not about a seed ranking after the first 2 rounds.